the husband & I have the same fight every year...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KittyY, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is ME!!! love those fall/winter candles!!

cfile likes this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

As my birthday is Sept 2nd, in my mind that's the official start of the celebration! I mean fall of course...lol. I put out the autumn colored hand towels I use in the bathrooms today and will change out the front wreath Tuesday. I keep the patriotic one up through Labor day. Best thing I found in the towel bin was a set of William Sonoma fall pot holders I bought on sale last year! I've loved the design for a couple years and finally bought them in 2016. :happyclap

I also have one of those big plastic bins in the attic (my husband's office) with fall stuff and he groans every year when I ask him to bring it down but too bad...I keep culling the stuff I have and will cart a bunch of things over to my daughter later this month. She loves getting my leftovers and can always pass what she doesn't want to various charity shops near her.

bestcee and KittyY like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

Ha ha! I used to have this fight with my best friend and sister when we all used to live together in college. Except with Christmas. They wanted to start decorating around Halloween and I made them wait unitl after Thanksgiving. It used to make them crazy. Lol!

4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Kitty, as someone that detests summer, I'm a little biased on this subject. :D. DH is a grinch and wants to buy a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. I, however, have my heart singing as soon as stores put out the Fall decor. While it's still 104 degrees where I live and will likely push 100 until Thanksgiving (i.e. NOT Fall weather), I say put it out girlfriend!

I ask my husband every year if he's being hurt by me putting out the decorations (of course not). Instead, the household benefits by mommy being VERY happy. That has value IMHO. As a secondary thought, if I believed that he was genuinely disturbed, I would never intentionally hurt him. Probably doesn't help you. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, hon!

bestcee likes this.