The good, the bad & the ugly | Pad Patter 17 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 17, 2018.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

The good- i’m In Australia for a holiday.
    The bad - I’m uncertain about what I’m going to do once I get back to Malaysia
    The ugly - Before I came to Australia, my boss told me he no longer needs me. So i’m basically jobless once I get from my holiday.

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Totally ugly! I was cheering yesterday because our electric bill actually fell below that for the first time since November, after hitting a high of $400 in Feb.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@berniek - did you find mold?? Hope not because that is awful to clean up.

4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Luckily not! Just a ton of pipes and wires and halve of the old ceiling.
    So now we're gonna close that up again. And just fill in the panelling with some kind of joined compound or filler.
    It's just a lot of extra work that I didn't plan on. And it's not the way I wanted it. But at least we don't need to put in a whole new ceiling!

bestcee and BevG like this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Awww....that's a shame. Even if you weren't sick, how could she get mad??!!?? No need to explain but I think that's mean. :(

Cherylndesigns and jesskab like this.
  6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

What really sucked is that it was right before my finals & it would not leave my mind.

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It's not often I feel like adding 'it's Monday' to the 'Good' list but that's today so far - so I'm back
    What a terrible and awkward situation Christina - i hope the extra guy in meetings helps and glad you told those coworkers - i really don't know what i'd do in this situation, i'm glad others had some advice & i hope work becomes less of the 'bad and ugly' soon with your plan!

Christina W likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Such an awesome Mothers Day Surprise for you big congrats again and I hope you have a break in the rain finally!
    How your family feels makes such a big difference to how we feel as wives and mums - i'm glad he's feeling well inspite of it all and hope work is less crazy for you this week!
    Medically, no surprises and reassurance is always good! And my house is still in that Ugly list so I sympathise there! Homework assignment stuff took priority after DD eventually got sick and more stuff just got piled up on top of the original stuff - i put a (very) small dent in it this morning, but uggh seeing clutter weighs me down and it always takes so much longer 'persuading' others to pick up stuff that i didn't even bother!

LoveItScrapIt and Tree City like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I dont know if i've ever actually been inside the Opera House! I wouldn't have ever imagined they record podcasts there! I guess it's a sign of the times! Congrats to (Henry?) as well - that is amazing - super proud mum moment! DD's group was a commended in this National History Competition thing at the end of primary school (and one of her friends won one of the categories - i think it was a state award) but they were iMovies or something visual - essay writing is a total skill! My car's up for service again well, now but it's not booked in yet - i know what you mean about those bills! Hope the battery was in the garage and not out and about waiting for NRMA somewhere!

I love that you added Better! And your optimism in the face of mystery liquids is astounding (glad i didn't read this post while i was still nauseous!) Duct tape is totally deserving of a permanent place on the 'good list'

That's so hard re: stuckie in goalie & then having to see them fall out of love with the game - i remember when DD started that was her least favourite rotation because 'there's so much pressure, mum!' but at least they rotated and she was actually pleased to be goalie just on the coldest mornings for extra layer of the goalie shirt! - i hope the next team is a better fit for him and maybe the break will help (do you do 'summer soccer' there? we just re-enrolled in a few seasons of normal (winter) soccer until she was over it)

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We only have a week of soccer left and he won't play this summer, so he'll get a break and hopefully that'll do the trick. :) I did annoy me a bit when Wyatt asked if he could play more on the field and less in goal and his coach said well, it depends on if you want to win or not. pfft. Then he proceeded to ignore that request and keep him in goal. I toyed with telling him just to play awful in goal and then he'd probably finally make someone else play there. :giggle