"The Fault In Our Stars" - the movie

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandaresende, Jun 9, 2014.

1. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

have you seen it yet?
    i'm going to see it today and i'm sooo excited! i bet i'll love it as i loved the book <3

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I haven't seen it yet either, but loved the book. I'll probably wait to see it on DVD as I don't think my hubby will be too interested in going. I saw that it made tons of money on it's opening weekend, so that's good! Let us know how you like it. :)

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I won tickets to a special preview before it was released (at least here in Denmark, sometimes that's later than in the States) so I went with a friend. I entered the contest because a friend linked me to it and I knew literally nothing at all about the book or movie. They passed on Kleenex on entry so I had some idea from that. lol I really liked it a lot, though, and I'm not usually into sad stories. It was done really well.

4. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Everyone I know of that went to see it has said that it was very, very sad and there wasn't a dry eye in the whole place. Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD 'cause I'm sure DH will not go to a sad-chick-flick-movie.

5. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I can't wait to see it! It's one of my favorite books ever.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  6. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

I won't see it in the theater, not sure if I'll watch it on DVD. I read the book, it was wonderful. I don't know if I could watch it through. Hits too close to home with my sister losing her husband 1 1/2 years ago to cancer. Reading is different than watching, for me.

7. AmyG

AmyG Member

I don't like sad movies, as a rule. I might read the book. I generally try to get the book read before seeing the movie, if it's based off of one. I watched The Normal Heart on Saturday and the tears, omg.

8. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

My friend texted me after watching this to warn me not to. She said there are not enough tissues in the world for me.

9. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I still need to read the book.....

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I need to read before I see the movie! :)

11. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Loved the book. I'll probably wait for the DVD to see it though.

12. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

i laughed and i cried!!! it was really awesome, ladies!!!! just like the book <3

13. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or on Sky

I need to read the book first! xx

14. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I really want to see it. I read the book, which I was hesitant to do because I lost my mom to colon cancer in 2008, but I love John Green. It was such an amazing book! I *think* I told my sisters enough about the book to see it. One of my sisters will see it with me in the theatre, but the other wants to wait until it comes out on DVD. I can't wait, though.

15. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Considering I actually have cancer, I just can't see myself watching it. I've borrowed the book about 5 times from the library but can't make myself read it. I've heard it's really beautifully written , though.

16. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

I must admit, I read the book yesterday and thought it was really good, but the trailer didn't do it for me. The characters looked too hollywood polished. I might go see it, but imho, this will be a book > film.