The Bronze Horseman - how's your progress? (please no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by HeatherB, Jul 21, 2011.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

The Bronze Horseman - how's your progress? (please no spoilers)

I'm excited, I just got the Bronze Horseman from the library, and I finished my latest book, so I'm freed up to start reading this book on the weekend. I must admit I'm a bit intimidated by the large size. I thought Here be Dragons was supposed to be the long one, but this seems just as long to me. :giggle

Has anyone else started yet?

2. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I haven't started yet, I actually dove into the Harry Potter series (I've never read them) so I think I'll be waiting a bit more. :)

For The Bronze Horseman, I bought the ebook (my first one!) since it was so cheap, so it'll be interesting to me to see what I think of that. I am quite old-fashioned and have always said I prefer the real books, but I haven't actually tried an ebook yet.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have the book from the library and I'm a little intimidated by the size too. If it's a good book though I usually like the longer books best.

4. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am still waiting for mine from the library--is there someone else trying to get it from the Tulsa Library? it seems like it is old enough I wouldn't have to wait!! LOL

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i think i'm gonna skip this one for now. may come back to it later, but i'm just not in the mood to dive into a ww2 story right now.

have fun though!!! can't wait to hear what you all think.

6. Dana

Dana Dana

i started it today :) i just read a little bit while i was getting a pedicure - but so far, so good :) oh - and i'm reading it on my iphone/ipad w/ my kindle app ...

7. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

My local library doesn't carry it for some reason. :(

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm still finishing up Pillars of the Earth - when's our finish date for the Bronze Horseman??

9. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Well, I just realized that Micah has not been using his iPad at work, so I went ahead and bought it for 1.99 and loaded it on to the ipad, so i am going to attempt my first ebook!! woohoo, I am excited and a little intimidated :)

10. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I haven't started it yet. I have a few other books from the library I need to finish to return by next Friday before we move. I figured then I will get started on this one.

11. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I have a hold on it at my library and it was showing in transit yesterday..so I'm hoping I'll have it this weekend.

12. HeatherB

It's a pretty thick book. How does August 26nd sound (gives us just over 5 weeks)?

13. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Aug. 26 sounds great to me because I'm out of town (at a conference) the previous Friday, so I'd miss it.

14. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I'm reading on Kindle so I don't have a true feel for the size of it, but I'm already 40% through the book! :) I really LOVE it! I'm a sucker for WWII period pieces, so this is right up my alley. I'm having a hard time putting it down! I'm really getting into the story. I've caught myself breathing a little more shallow, holding my breath, reading faster and faster with tears in my eyes! I'll definitely read all of the books in the series!

15. HeatherB

[​IMG] That's amazing Jordon! I started reading last night and I've only got through a few pages so far.

16. Karen

August 26th it is. Sounds good. :)

17. Jenn Barrette

Jenn Barrette Jenn Barrette

I read this book last month (as well as the 2 after it in the series), I enjoyed all the three, but the first one is my fave!

18. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Aug. 26th sounds great...I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow..it's in at the library.

19. HeatherB

Another fast reader! Maybe if I spent less time doing this :compcoffee and more time doing this
    [​IMG] I might have an easier time making the deadline! :giggle

20. Karen

Me too Heather! :) Plus it's summer and we're outside playing until dark and then we fall into bed at night. :)