That one kit.....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dalis, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Have you ever had that one kit that does not fit in your "box" but that you just have to have? Ever since we got all the new designers I have been having this "one kit" experience OVER and OVER again. It is kits that don't fit what I think it's my style, but I just can't contain myself and I NEED to make a page. To my surprise, all the pages have become some of my favorites!!!!

This is my latest page, thanks to that ONE KIT.
    [​IMG]

The kit: (BYOC parts)
    [​IMG]
    Haunted Elements

by Kristin Aagard

[​IMG]
    Haunted Papers

by Kristin Aagard

Now, show me your "ONE KIT" and your page!

2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I love your page Dalis. And yes. I often buy a kit that strikes my fancy but doesn't fit my style.

Dalis likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yes, I know what you mean. I started as a minimalist (remember when my pages were super clean and lots of white space?) and by trying out more designers and especially the M3 stuff, my pages started to include more product, more brushes and textures and, although I still like to create some minimalist pages, I developed a new love of brushes/overlays/paints/textures and fill up my pages more. My style would never have changed had I not tried something different, something that was outside the box for me.

Dalis likes this.
  4. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

For me, it's these "light and airy" kits. They are so beautiful, but I tend to scrap as a realist. I like the page to look like paper . . . but these kits are just so gorgeous to look at, that I am inspired to just try . . .

[​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  5. Dalis

Lori, this one is in my "to get" list.

6. Dalis

Yes, I do remember, I love your pages now even more because they are so complex and simple at the same time.

7. Dalis

Show us one, Lindzee!

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Thx @Dalis I find I enjoy scrapping even more (if that is possible LOL), having fun with brushes/textures/blending/overlays and it never would have happened had I not been open to trying new designers/kits outside mywheel-house.

So, anyone, who is apprehensive about how to use an unfamiliar technique or product, look at what others have done with it, ask questions and enjoy the process of playing. You will surprise yourself with how much fun it is.

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

Yes!!!! Don't be afraid!

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love when that happens. It really opens up whole new word of what you think you can scrap with...so many more options!

Dalis and lmccandless like this.
  11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I debated back and forth on Dawn Inskip's kit, Life Uncut. It's gorgeous colors but not my norm. I tried the Japanese Gardens pics that I'm always looking for a great kit. I didn't buy the kit the first time it was released but gave in during one of the sales. It fits the "golden hour" pics we took for last month's challenge. And I think it goes with BYOC too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

oh that is a perfect fit Carilyne!

I like scrapping in all styles but I am the same, sometimes I see a kit and just 'NEED' it! lol!

While it isn't a kit, I HAD to have these messy pockets by Lynn! I am not a pocket scrapper by any means but I really had fun with this and really liked the page I made with them during MOC.

[​IMG]

My MIL also loved seeing 'her' page :)

[​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  13. Dalis

Ona, I love that page, I can see why MIL loves it too. That is one of those templates I am thinking of getting, but I am not a pocket card scrapper either. LOL!!!

Gorgeous! This was one of my other "ONE kit"! Her watercolors are so amazing! Here is mine with this kit.

[​IMG]

LynnG and carilyne like this.