That 1st page in an album

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Aug 25, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

What do you do with that 1st page in an album - the one lonely single page that can't be used for a 2-page spread?

I'm working on finishing my 2nd quarter album. My 1st week of Q2 was the 1st week of spring break - with lots of pictures - definitely not a 1-pager. Plus, I already have like 2 additional spreads for that week that I was going to put after the weekly spread. So, I've got to come up with something to do w/ that 1st single page. Some kind of intro or something?

I was thinking almost like a summary page - we started the quarter w/ spring break and ended it w/ moving to a new state...

Would love some ideas, examples, inspiration for what you've done w/ those single pages... get my creativity flowing!!!!

2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Here is the first and second page of my vacation Album Caribbean Blue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hope this inspires. Lynn Grieveson album templates.

Beckybesendorfer and Rikki like this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

You could do a general page about spring, maybe with an inspirational quote and/or photos that don't necessarily relate to you and your family but to spring in general.

For travel albums (as a side note) I usually make a page with a map with markers of the places that we saw. or a quote about the country or place we went to, generic stuff like that.

Rikki

RebeccaH and berniek like this.
  4. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just asked this very question in Facebook group. Here are some ideas I got in reply: Summary page with one photo per month in the book. Summary page with your favorite pics from the year. Table of Contents listing events, etc. in the album (one I saw had a project life look). Grid/project life look with some of the blocks holding the digits of the year/month, others with photos. Thoughts on the year (time period covered in album), including blessings from that period. Dedication/created by page.

RebeccaH and berniek like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Last year, I had the opposite problem -- I needed one more page to end the book. Since it was an yearly album, I recorded my goals for the coming year.

berniek and RebeccaH like this.
  7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm boring... I usually just do simple text with the title, or a repeat of the album cover.

RebeccaH likes this.
  8. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Table of Contents?

RebeccaH likes this.
  9. RebeccaH

I Love the idea of the map!! Brilliant!

Rikki and Juliestcyr like this.
  10. RebeccaH

I'm glad it's not just me that struggles w/ this! I love the idea of a recap or a table of contents... I can't exactly do a year overview or whatever because my albums only cover 3 months at a time. However, I could do it on a smaller scale I guess... I'll keep thinking about it as I finish the rest of the pages I've yet to do, so hopefully I'll be ready to do something awesome by the time I get to this intro page.

11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Summary of the last quarter, When we last saw the H's they were doing, What things you are looking forward to in the new quarter. Highlights of the last quarter with a little picture. Picture of each family member and what they are doing or how they spent the last quarter and plans for next,
    I usually go for a title page, but sometimes it seems a waste of space. I empathize with you. That page is hard and so is the last one.

RebeccaH likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I mostly scrap in annual yearbooks, so sometimes I do a simple "January 1" page. Other times it's a favorite photo from the year with a summary. Another was one photo per month. But most often it's some sort of title/introductory page explaining what you will see in the album, whether it's a yearbook or for an event like a vacation.

RebeccaH likes this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

haha! That's usually what I do, too!

14. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

This was my intro to my WITL album... a "currently" page. I didn't print in a book, i printed individual pages, so it was basically a cover. But if you already have a cover, but haven't done something like this in awhile in your albums, then it might work for you!

RebeccaH, destiney1 and ForeverJoy like this.
  15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'll have to find the files to upload here, but last year I used the same first page in all of my books, just updated the photos and changed the card. Okay.. found some in the gallery...

Here's the one from the first book with our resolutions/goals...
    [​IMG]

Here's the one from the second book with our summer plans...
    [​IMG]

I think by book three, I just stuck a filler card in there :giggle

AliSarah, RebeccaH and klee73010 like this.
  16. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@tkradtke if I ever get to full size albums for PL, I love that idea! My 6x8 album doesn't get printed in a way that I need to split them, but I totally love your album intros!

RebeccaH likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

While this isn't the first page, it's a nice idea for the final -odd man out page. I think I'm going to do that with a full page scenic shot of wherever we are. (found on pinterest)

final pl page.png

klee73010, lynnw and RebeccaH like this.
  18. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

I just have a cute family photo and some inspirational word art and the title translates to Yearbook 2016/2017.

[​IMG]

I always scrap school years rather than calendar years. That's what you get being a teacher, forever stuck in school mode ;)

19. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

I just ordered my 2016 'family encyclopedia.'
    Let's face it, these are quite a bit of work and at 219 pages, it isn't cheap, so it deserves a fancy name like ENCYCLOPEDIA. And, we frequently use them to solve bets as to who did what and when.

I realized I forgot to make my first page. So this is what I created:
    [​IMG]

RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Wow, some fabulous ideas and inspirations.
    I need to seriously get cracking and drum up something too.