Thanksgiving Recipe Book

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by RebeccaH, Nov 7, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay I have NOOOO idea what has gotten into me lately with all my hybridy stuffs. I swear I am NOT a hybrid girl (or at least I never used to be :giggle).

About a month ago, we entered some raffle drawings for a fund raiser. Well, we didn't REALLY win anything, but we did get this 4x6 blue photo album that had a USA Gymnastics logo on the front. Hmmm.... other than shoving it around from place to place I didn't know what I would do with it. So I decided to turn it into a recipe book for my Thanksgiving recipes. We often travel for TG, but I still end up doing the cooking, so I have to always take all of my recipes with me... which means I have to be collected enough before we leave to actually gather them all into one place and then remember them. Easier said than done for me. So I thought all in one book might help that problem.

[​IMG]

I basically just used a scrap piece of paper to cut a template to fit into the front pocket. Then printed the paper in the right size & used the templae to cut it to the right shape. All the rest is just print, cut, and paste. Pretty easy stuff.

2. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

This is soooo awesome!! I LOVE IT!!!

3. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

That is such an awesome idea! I have notes scattered clear across my house of how to make all the Thanksgiving dishes just like mom did. I'm going to lift this so I can have a home for them! Thanks for inspiration!

4. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

I think that is completely awesome! I love the colors! You rocked it!

5. RebeccaH

Patti, I see you found something to wear to the pageant! :rofl you look a wee bit different my dear. I almost didn't like you for a second because your avi was too 'pretty' until i looked at the user name. how bad of me is it to auto discount someone for being too pretty??? *slinks off in shame* :P

6. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

wooooooohooooooooo!!! welcome welcome hybrid girl!!!!!! I´m love with your projects!!!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Looks fantastic Rebecca! You certainly have caught the hybrid bug lately! :). That's a great idea to have all your thanksgiving recipes in one place though, even if you aren't traveling.

By the way, how is it that you have to travel AND cook. That's just not right!

8. RebeccaH

karen, my MIL works days and almost always has to work on TG day. so i cook at her house so that when she gets home we can have TG dinner as a family. i kind of like it though because, quite frankly, my cooking is way better than hers in a lot of areas, turkey being one of them. so i would rather eat my cooking than hers :giggle

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ah... well, that sure is nice of you to cook! Kinda makes me want to come to your thanksgiving too! :)

10. MamaBee

MamaBee CT - Kate Hadfield

Oh, what a nifty idea!!! every year as I'm digging through drawers trying to find my recipes I think, "you know, I should really put them together in one place!" haha!!! I love using a photo album for this... the wheels are turning! Thanks for the inspiration!