Thanks for allowing old photos!!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by Tiff, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I really appreciate that old photos have been allowed in the challenges so far. I'm so far behind in scrapping the last few years, that I use MOC as a jump-start to get things done. That means I need to scrap old photos!

Of course, I know there will be some challenges that will require me to scrap with a new photo, and maybe something that isn't on my "regular" list of scrapping topics. But being able to make progress on my list helps make those special challenges a great break and more fun. So Thank You!

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh Tiff! this is such a sweet thing to post! I know that the Pollys/Designers that do the challenges really want to get all of us scrapping and sometimes there is things we don't like....
    but hearing a good thing, well, it is really really nice!
    thank you

bellbird likes this.
  3. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

Yes I totally agree! I'm really trying to finish my 2016 album and these challenges are the way I was going to try to get 'er done. I'm so glad you're allowing for old photos! And...in the case of the photography challenge, it inspired me to take a picture of my daughter today from her point of view even though I'm not going to scrap it for this MOC.

bellbird, Angela Toucan and sberkan like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I will agree as well. I am trying to get old holiday photos from 1977 and 1979 scrapped and so far I have been able to get two pages completed that I am happy with ( one I will add journaling to before I get it printed). Just about to finish my third one.

bellbird, Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes! Last year I used MOC to work on my December Daily. I'm sort of doing that again this year, but really just randomly scrapping what strikes my fancy. It's nice to have challenges that allow those photos to shine.

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Agreed!!! I'm playing catch up after organizing my photos NYE and found a slew of photos I've never scrapped. GAH!!!

7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I agree, I don't have time to take new photos for a challenge. I have tons of new photos from the past few months to use up.

8. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Well said. I am pretty easy going and am able take a new photo if needed, but it is nice to read a challenge and know straightaway what you are going to use, and then check that off the catch up list!

9. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I have been scrapping old photos for MOC for the last several years. Y'Know how people have the new years resolution to get in shape so they join a gym, but then stop going after a month..that's been me with scrapping haha every January I'm like, this is the year I'm gonna catch up, but then I take a "short break" after MOC and then suddenly it's May..

But I have a list of the pages I want to scrap in my bullet journal, and I can't leave a checklist unfinished, so this is gonna be the year I catch up... (I hope! lol)

Frumpje, EHStudios and bestcee like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When February 1st rolls around, I tell myself to do the monthly challenges. That way I still scrap. And it helps me keep the habit a little better!

EHStudios and kendrawalter like this.
  11. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I'm having a blast, still scrapping photos from 2010, but nearly ready to move on to 2011! I am not sure I would participate in a month long challenge that didn't allow for old photos since I'm so far behind! Thank You Admin!!!

kendrawalter and bestcee like this.
  12. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

Yes, I'm glad for the chance to catch up too! I have huge amounts of vacation photos from the last couple years that I have barely started on because it seems so overwhelming. But with motivation from MOC I'm getting it done!

13. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Yeah im not going to lie, in some of the comments they said that you might need new photos and im loving that the challenges have been so open that you can catch up with scrapping and use old photos and get pages done that you have been wanting to do!

bellbird likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's true though! There are 31 challenges.....:giggle:funfun