Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts for my hubby.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dvhoward, May 8, 2016.

1. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Many of you know my husband was taken to the hospital by fire department aid car. He was admitted into critical care. Turns out he had been bleeding from the esophagus and that led to the vomiting blood at home. After some repair during an endoscopy the bleeding has stopped. There are some other issues but after 4 days in the hospital he is home and slowly recovering from some of the side issues (some can't be cured but can be managed). After the week-end he'll see his regular GI doc and get a course of treatment for all his health problems.

Thank you for your prayers and concern. God was with us every step of the way and we saw His hand in all the circumstances. I am thankful that I live in an area that has AWESOME EMTs and WONDERFUL doctors and nurses.

2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Ohmygosh. So sorry to see this. I'm so thankful that you were able to get him into great care and hope that everything will continue to go okay. Wow. Hugs to you!!!! If you need anything, let me know, I'm not that far from you and would be happy to help out if you need it!

dvhoward and jesskab like this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm sorry Diane. I'm glad he's well enough to be home. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

4. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

How scary that must have been. I am glad he is back home with you now and I hope further treatment helps even more.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh Diane! hugs and prayers for you too!!! Good to hear great news about him recovering, and may this day be one of thankfulness

6. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Oh wow - so glad he is back home and recovering! What an ordeal this must have been for you. You'll continue to be in my thoughts & prayers!

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

sorry that happened but so glad to hear. My dad suffered 14 years from a duodenum ulcer, which led to some bleeding but never something as strong as your husband... I'm glad medical help was at hand and that you have him with you ad I know God will be with you ....we ll keep you in our prayers always . I wish I was nearer or able to do some more, if anythi9ng at all, just give us a shout.
    Huge huge huggzz

8. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

So glad to hear he is home and doing better. Sounds like you still have a bit of a long road ahead of you with this. Hope all goes well for you both. It's pretty scary when our husbands have such bad health issues, isn't it?

9. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Hugs, Diane. How very scary. So glad he is home now and will pray that things continue to improve.

10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Diane, thank you for sharing this with us.
    I pray that he heals well and the treatments work for him.

11. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Will send prayers for a healthy and speedy recovery!!

12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

OMG! Sending good thoughts your way. So glad that he is home and healing.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

omigosh, Diane! Hugs. How scary! I'm so happy to hear that he is home recovering! Will send some healing vibes and thoughts!

14. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

so glad he is home, how tragic for you both. Our thoughts are with you

15. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

OMG! Diane, I'm so glad to hear he's home and on the road to recovery! What a terrible few days that must have been for you, even with the wonderful care he received at the hospital.

16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

So glad he's on the mend!

17. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Oh wow Diane I'm so sorry he's gone through all that, but so glad to hear he's on the mend!

18. ljonezy

ljonezy The thingamabob that does the job is chocolate

I am glad he is back home with you now and I hope further treatment helps even more.

19. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Love and hugs and thoughts and prayers~ I'm glad he's out of the hospital. Hopefully he'll get a good treatment plan and all will be better soon. Keep us updated!

20. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he is ok, Diane - but that must have given you quite a scare. Look after yourself, too!