Thank you Anne-Marie!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jun 26, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you @A-M for the two word games you started. I really enjoy jumping in each day usually as I'm leaving TLP and seeing what I can come up with. At least I now know my brain is not total mush!

I also wonder if anyone (not here) has ever analyzed patterns each of us may have for altering a single word. (@Tree City I'm thinking of you.) I've noticed that I can often not change a word to a rhyming word but rather flip it in some way. No, I'm not dyslexic but maybe I'm going that way!

Anyhow Thank You for this...it's given me a lot of pleasure! :happyclap

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    keepscrappin, BevG, A-M and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I agree with Maureen! Those games have been fun to play. Thanks, Anne-Marie!

(And to answer your query, @cookingmylife I haven't exactly done it on purpose but I have noticed some patterns, including my own, which is the opposite of yours: I catch myself rhyming so I've been trying to fight that--well, that sounds dramatic, so maybe "think up a second word" is more appropriate lol.)

A-M likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@cookingmylife @Tree City
    Maureen and Sara, I am glad that you are enjoying the games.
    It is good to keep our brains cells active. I have done studies in Dementia and they say doing puzzles does not necessarily stop dementia happening but it is possible to maybe prolong it happening.

Tree City likes this.
  4. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

@A-M Anne Marie, thank you! I love word games and I am enjoying the two word games.

A-M likes this.
  5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

@A-M Yes, thanks for the puzzles!

A-M likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

They are fun to play!! I like the 4 letter words because they are easy to think up.

A-M likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I appreciate the games too!

I haven't noticed a pattern, but a funny thing recently happened. I finally figured out that we can both rearrange the letters AND change a letter. I had known from the start that there multiple ways to play but for some reason didn't grasp that combination. And I felt too busy to try to figure it out. Finally, last week I went back to the first post to reread it again and finally understood. :giggle I've had even more fun with the game since then!

A-M likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

;) not sure my brain is up to that any more but it sounds fun!

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've loved the games too. Thanks for starting them. And if you want another game to play don't forget about our regularly scheduled forum games in the scrapping pad. The June Lilypad Look-alikes game ends in three days and the July pad praise will go up July 1st. Play along for a chance to win $3 to the TLP store. :agree

cookingmylife and A-M like this.