Thai Food

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, May 6, 2019.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Do you like Thai food? I tried a new thai place tonight. :) I love Asian foods.. this one was no different. Tried Stuffed chicken wings for the first time ever, they were so good with glass noodles and cabagae in them.. and a big bowl of Pho with all the topping.. mmmm
    and my favorite Spring rolls with peanut sauce... *drool* and a Bubble Tea to finish the meal off.. in Taro flavor since this resturant didn't have smoothies like my go to spot ( LOVE me jackfruit smoothies)

bellbird likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I do enjoy some Thai food but not the very hot chili ones though.
    Whenever I think of Thai food these days it reminds me of our Cabin steward on the Cruise we took in 2015 who was from Thailand and when the ship docked at Hobart, Australia, he had time off and when we asked what he would be doing he said ... " Visit a Thai Restaurant and have some real food !"

bellbird likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've never eaten Thai food, but I like Chinese food, and it's probably not too different.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my husband cooks Thai food a lot, one of his favourties. We all enjoy them.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I live with a family of not so adventurous eaters... so I don't get the opportunity to branch out very often. I've had Thai food a couple of times and once was Pad Thai and I can't remember what the other dish was, but I wanted to try something new and both times the food was excellent. I love spicy food, but neither time was very spicy. We only have one Thai place left in our town and it's really expensive, so I don't usually think to go there even when it's just me eating out.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DS is allergic to sesame seeds, so most Asian cuisine restaurants are off-limits for us as a family ... but what that means is when I'm alone or when DH and I are on a date, we usually get those "forbidden foods" lol, and Thai is one we both like! We don't have a place nearby, but there are some in the city.

Karen likes this.
  7. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I never tried Thai food...I'm a little eat picker...but I do like some things from Japanese food and I like Poke (well, the ones I tried here...maybe the original I won't love! )

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm not sure how much Thai food I've had. It's close to zero but I feel pretty sure it's a little higher than that. Like, at least once, while I lived in Los Angeles in the 1990's. I have eaten Asian food in general a lot, although most of it Americanized, like Panda Express. I'd like to be more adventurous, but I'm not an adventurous cook and can't afford to eat out very much. I often like to try new things when I do go to restaurants though. I don't know if there are any Thai options in the Fredericksburg area; not much Asian at all. I bet I could find more 50 miles north up in D.C. though.

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thai food is a staple in our house... but our favorite places keep closing!! We had been going to Penny's since my husband I were dating, the owners retired a couple of weeks ago. A new Thai place is moving in, but we haven't tried it yet. We like Pad Thai and Pad Se Eu. Tom Kha Gai soup was the cure whenever you had a cold. The other place we loved that also closed (building was sold and eventually torn down) had the best yellow curry and pineapple fried rice. We're currently on the hunt for our new favorite Thai place, so we'll be trying lots of things in the weeks to come!

dotcomkari likes this.
  10. dotcomkari

I have a friend in the falls church area and we go out for thai sometimes while im there. Ill get name of place..it is so good

michelepixels likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do like Thai food, but we have no places around here close to get it :( I usually have to wait until we travel.

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I read somewhere ages ago that Thai food to Aussie's is what Chinese food is to Americans so I'm with you in the loving it boat (although they love coriander /cilantro in many dishes & DH & DS think it tastes like soap so we don't eat it as often as I'd like) - I do prefer my tea as English Breakfast with an old fashioned teabag & without bubbles though lol

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I think this is the difference with Aust, I feel like Thai food is everywhere but even for Chinese, you don't need to go too far - it's all westernised Chinese though, sweet & sour with pineapple etc where DH who travels to Beijing a few times a year usually for work says theres nothing like that in the areas he's been thru

14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm like you @dotcomkari - our family loves pretty much all the Asian foods. We enjoy Thai - both green & red curries, and of course Pad Thai. We have several local Thai places and sometimes go just for mango and sticky rice. yum!

dotcomkari likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Actually real Thai food is quite different! I love it but am often disappointed here in the US. I've had the fortune of living in Bangkok for 3 years and everything is so so fresh and good. To me it's like the best of CA food but on steroids. Thai hot is seriously smoking hot in chile power hot not necessarily hot or cold. The smaller the chile, the hotter. There should be a balance of 4 elements in cooking - sweet, sour, salty and spicy. We have a Thai restaurant around the corner which is still Thai owned but recently has morphed into generic bland Chinese with probably a Salvadoran cook. I don't even bother to get carryout there any more. :cry

16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

If it's smoking hot in chili powder, then I don't want it. LOL But maybe the restaurants here aren't too spicy, if you're disappointed, Maureen. Everybody always said it was a lot like Chinese, but thanks for clearing that up. Now, I definitely won't try it. I can't eat spicy hot food.

17. dotcomkari

I make a lot of mango and sticky rice at home...its a favorite... kids love it

ashleywb likes this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Thai food is one of my favorites - so fresh when it is done properly. We were lucky eonugh to stop over in Bagkok a couple of years ago and had one of the best meals ever - just course after course of mouth watering goodness. Love Vietnamese and Malaysian as well. all that yummy street food - can't beat food on a stick!
    Oddly enough I am not a fan of Japanese food except Gyoza which I love..

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Love Thai food over here. And for such a small town that we live in, we have a really good Thai place.
    I love Basil Rolls, Pad Thai, Tom Kha Kai, Larb, Red Curry....anything with coconut. Mmmm.