TGIF! What's on for the weekend?!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jul 18, 2014.

1. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

We're having dinner out with friends tonight and other than preparing some stuff for the freezer and baking some bread, that is it! I'm so excited for a weekend with no major plans.

2. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

Yay, its tgif again hehe

3. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

Tomorrow we have a nice home cooked breakfast planned and we need to go buy a new scratching post for our cat - his existing one collapsed on his head this morning! - and then we need to do some more unpacking and some housework. Super exciting! :D

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

Um sounds yummy!

Hehe. That was his master plan... So you'd go get him a new one :)

5. JuliettePerkins

I sat with him for ages after, I was slightly worried that the knock to the head hurt him! Poor little guy... he's smart though, you're probably right about him wanting a new one! x

6. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

Forgot to post what we're up to.

My mom and dad are here so we'll do lots of relaxing. Although we are going camping Sunday to Monday with a bunch of friends (no parents) so that will be super fun. We've been there before and they have great water slides, a small beach and water trampolines :). Bringing my nice camera this time to get some pics of the fun

7. omuli

omuli La!La!La! I can't heaaar you!

If the weather stays this nice, we'll go swimming both Saturday and Sunday (already did today and water was so warm I could have stayed there forever...). Today evening I plan to have a glass of sparkling wine, maybe a movie... And just being with my family, that's the best part of weekend anyway.

8. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm heading to a pain management clinic today. Crossing fingers they can figure something out because typical medicine doesn't work on me. I was just diagnosed with a pair of rare neuorological diseases that do a lot of seriously awful things, but the big one right now is chronic pain. This condition has no cure and there isn't really any treatment for it (or at least so far no one I've run across seems to know how to treat it), so it will be interesting... or at least another step in the process. :/

My DD has a day off Saturday, so I actually have a real day off (no Kennedy duty). We're heading to our beach place tonight because I'm going to a cool workshop tomorrow where we're writing poetry, creating little paper boats and then launching them. I'm so excited. My bestie is doing the workshop with me so it will be loads of fun to be with her too.

Aside from that, I am going to try to scratch some things off my to-do list.

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

A little pool maintenance, a little house cleaning, maybe a little shoe shopping and toenail painting. Our new cat has been home a week but really still hiding out solo all the time so I'm hopeful that being around most of the time for two days may see him venturing out a little bit.

10. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Hoping you find a help for the pain today, Kimberlee. Perhaps the clinic that specializes in pain management will have some alternatives that haven't been tried for you before.

11. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Celeste, I hope you find your kitty.

We are finishing up our last day of vacation in Colorado today, and we head back toward home tomorrow. It has been a fun week with family. My daughter was working the CO Shakespeare Festival this summer and we all enjoyed a fabulous showing of I Hate Hamlet last night in Boulder.

12. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

We're heading to the pool this afternoon with our neighbor, Saturday is up in the air at the moment, and then on Sunday my oldest has an archery tournament in the morning.

13. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

Family fun night by request of my son ... pizza & games & maybe a movie. Then we'll be at a family get-together at my mom & dad's, while my sister & her family are visiting from Washington state. Excited to see her!

14. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

It depends on the weather if we go somewhere, perhaps a zoo or Madurodam (we always call it little Netherlands) otherwise we make a relaxing weekend at home (we just came back from our holiday), so grocery shopping, do the laundry, read a book, color and scrap.

15. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm so sorry. I hope you find her. Maybe she just got closed in someone's garage? Thinking positive thoughts for you!!! Keep us posted.

16. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Really hoping you find some answers, Kimberlee! And you find your kitty, Celeste.

I'm supposed to help DD paint her new to her home she just bought, don't know if I'll be much help being as I'm still trying to recover from hurting my back last weekend. Plus, we have a small birthday celebration planned for DG tomorrow afternoon, hope the weather is good, we've got rain/storms in the forecast. Other than that, nothing. :)

17. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

going to BBQ a couple of steaks tonight as my son doesn't have to ump and we may watch a movie.....I told him I feel ignored, lol. Tomorrow I am going to my brother's to hang with my nieces (age 12) as he and his wife have a wedding and will be gone overnight. Then Sunday I will be watching my son's baseball game.

18. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

only 20 more minutes and i'm done for the week at work. whoop!

we're going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow my dh is working all day. so ds#2 and i will get some yummy takeout somewhere.

no real plans this weekend and that's ok. so the typical laundry, chores, errands, etc. i really really really would like to scrapbook this weekend. hoping that i can make some time. i should take some photos of what and who i don't know.

my kitty never came home. i keep hoping that maybe she's locked in somewhere and the owners are on vacation or will open their shed to mow the lawn of something. i papered the entire neightborhood. thinking i might hang more signs and extend the zone. i burst into tears a lot! :(

19. ledamperry

ledamperry Named by her crazy father

San Antonio tomorrow for a quick overnight :)

PS> Sorry about your Kitty, Celeste :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  20. JuliettePerkins

When I was a kid, my cat went missing four five weeks and wandered back in the house at the end of the summer like she'd just been sat in the garden and nothing was wrong. She was a little skinny, and her claws were worn down. The vet thought she'd been locked in someone's shed whilst they went on vacation - they're resourceful Celeste :) With any luck she's just waiting for an opportune moment to saunter back home with meow. xxx