Tell me I'm not alone??!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tanteva, Jul 14, 2022.

Do you get inspiration to scrap when you're trying to go to sleep?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Good morning! My brain is always playing tricks on me. Almost every night, when I'm just about to fall asleep, the brain comes up with a layout idea, and I want to get up and make it. I don't, but it sort of wakes me up, and I have to start over again trying to fall asleep.

Please tell me I'm not alone!? At least one more person has to be as obsessed with scrapbooking!

Now, I'm gonna make the layout I saw in my head last night - hope it will turn out as good as it looked inside my head. LOL

Memaw2Wm and cfile like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

LOL Yup I dream of it on many occaision! I can't wait to see your dream page :)

tanteva likes this.
  3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

haha!!! Eva, I am another one!!! of late it's been my real life art stuff, I go to bed thinking of what step I need to take next so I am dreaming of doing this or that! lol!! We are an obsessive crafty crew I think! lol!!

tanteva likes this.
  4. tanteva

The upside of things is that the thought process is done already, and the actual scrapping is done quick. Here's the layout my brain created last night:

[​IMG]

5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Ahh bless you, I suppose there's worse things to keep us awake?!?

When the kids are in bed I use this time to catch up on work and design and often will be working in Photoshop very close to my bedtime. My brain is always conjuring up it's next steps and a way to complete an element pack etc. whilst I am trying to wind down and want to sleep and often when I wake up in the morning a design idea pops into my head before anything else!!

tanteva likes this.
  6. tanteva

Well ... mornings are NOT the time my brain is working. LOL

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  7. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

I didn't say the design idea translates well in Photoshop though :dizzy:lol

tanteva likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ha ha! I used to have that happen all of the time, but not as much in recent years. When I first discovered digital scrapbooking in 2006 though... yes! It used to happen all of the time. I had a newborn and a toddler then too and I really needed that sleep. :giggle

tanteva and Rachel Jefferies like this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My problem is that come morning I can't remember what the design was.

Memaw2Wm and tanteva like this.
  10. tanteva

Oh, that must be so frustrating!

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I scroll through TikTok before bed so I might be worried if a scrapbook layout came about after doing that! :giggle

Memaw2Wm and tanteva like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Keep a notebook by your bedside and if the thought refuses to go away, sketch out your ideas or write a couple of ideas down. This will release the random thoughts and allow you to go to sleep. Either that, or get up and make the layout. LOL

I usually read before bed, and then I will have a play in my coloring app. During that time, I meditate and pray. My brain is fairly empty when I turn out the lights.

tanteva likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've always done this Eve @tanteva - not only at bedtime, but all day. Especially when I was a paper scrapper. Inspiration came from everywhere - still does. LOVE your page - it's wonderful!

tanteva likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I try to end my day with coloring 2 photos in my coloring app every night. I have found (like you) that helps me relax enough to go to sleep. Last night was an anomaly. My brain wouldn't turn off thinking about a couple of things. Nothing that I could do anything about at 1:00 in the morning.

I very rarely dream about scrapping though to answer the original question.

tanteva likes this.
  15. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

It does not help that I have a tendency to scroll through Instagram and Pinterest before bed. Those are like online art galleries to me!!!

LoveItScrapIt and tanteva like this.
  16. tanteva

Quitting Instagram is one of the best things I've ever done! Freed HOURS for me everyday.

17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Not always scrap related mostly for my poetry but yes bedtime inspiration is a real thing lol

tanteva likes this.
  18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't think about LO ideas before bed or while sleeping but I do think about color schemes and photo ideas a lot when I'm out and about during the day.

tanteva likes this.
  19. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I've joined a Barbershop Chorus so I find the songs that I'm trying to learn running through my mind any time I wake up at night. It's ok though because for scrapping I am a pattern thinker. I pick supplies with colors I love and then arrange a pattern to my liking. The only time I start with an image is when I use a template or scraplift. Sometimes during MOC I will spend time thinking/dreaming about a LO more than usual.

tanteva likes this.