CLOSED: Technique Slow Scrap 9.26.17 | 10 ways to get more from journal cards

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 26, 2017.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Today's technique slow scrap was inspired and sponsored by Amber LaBau. She has tons of journal / pocket cards in her store here.

DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED PDF FILE FOR ALL THE LINKED JOURNAL CARD EXAMPLES.

In addition to the items in the pdf file, we discussed that journal cards make great gift tags, greeting cards and fridge magnets. They can also be tiled together for a really cool background paper.

SLOW SCRAP INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Create a layout using ONE of the journal card examples from the attached list. You can do your layout in any style you'd like, but please mention which example you used when you post your LO here.

2. Be sure to link us up to your layout (copy and paste the Share BB Code located on the right in the gallery) so we can all go leave a little love as well.

This is a slow scrap so you have 24 hours to complete your LO. You must have your page posted here by: 4 pm EDT on September 27, 2017 to qualify! Please remember that your layout must comply with our gallery rule of 50% TLP products. (Freebies and items not in the store, but from current TLP designers are allowed).

After the deadline, I will be PMing a $3 participation prize to Amber LaBau's store to all eligible scrappers who posted their layout to this thread. I can't wait to see all the wonderful ways you use journal cards!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. keepscrappin

Here's my layout for the slow scrap. I used technique #1. Use a journal card as part of your design.

[​IMG]

3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Thank you for the chat and technique instructions. I used: 6. Use journal cards as paper layers on your layout.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

[​IMG]
    I blended the Journal Card to just have the words.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I used the blending mode on a journal card to have the leaves behind the cluster

[​IMG]

mcurtt, keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  6. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Sorry I couldn't make the chat but thanks for the examples and the 10 ways ... I used several of the techniques: using the journal card as a frame, using journal cards as papers behind photos and, of course, using as a part of the design and as a place for journaling. Great fun challenge. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for the fun chat. I was glad I could participate in part of it.
    I used journal cards three ways in my page:

Journal Card - Never Give Up - blended this into the background with a DARKEN mode
    Right border - 3 of the same journal cards by Just Jaimee, overlapped to match & then merged, blended with DARKER COLOR. Minimized the Watercolor journal card by Dawn Inskip and made it an element that Remy is holding.

[​IMG]

keepscrappin and Rikki like this.
  8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

@keepscrappin Kayla - you did an amazing job with the slow scrap! I don't think I'll be able to get a page done for this event, but I'll be sure to keep your instructions handy so I can use one - or more - techniques sometime soon!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Great instructions. I used the card as a frame and I blended a card into the background so the words are black on black. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and keepscrappin like this.
  10. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I've used number 1 (part of the design), but also number 8 (part of the title).
    Thank you for the tons of inspiration!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, keepscrappin and GwenCreative like this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Mine- Method 1 JC as part of design (combined with DSD Blog Hop Treasures)
    [​IMG]

mcurtt, keepscrappin and flowersgal like this.
  12. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I replaced a photo spot in a template with a journaling card.
    Thank you for the great chat and the great slow scrap!
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I framed my whole page and the main photo with journal cards resized. I used a journal card kind of as a frame and kind of altered a couple: the heart stamps and filling in the thermometer. I also cropped the 2017 and painted stripes cards to fit. And I typed my own journaling into the speech bubbles as well as using a couple of cards as space for journaling. I'm thinking of this as a title page to precede my september pages in my annual album.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin and mcurtt like this.
  14. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

I used journal cards as part of design, used darken blend mode to show word arts,
    and as a frame for photo

[​IMG]

15. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

[​IMG]

I used option 2 - jc in a photo space

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I used a journal card for the title, a journal card for the title frame, a journal card for paper strips, a journal card for one paper layer, and I shrunk journal cards and added them to the banner. Thanks for the fun slow scrap!
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. keepscrappin

This slow scrap is now closed. I'm off to leave ya'll some love in the gallery and then I'll send out the prize code. Thanks so much for joining me for the chat and scrap. :agree

cinderella likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

I just sent out the pms with your prize code to Amber LaBau's store. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks again for playing along. The layouts are AMAZING!