Tearjerkers

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well thanks to this thread re-emerging I re-read Bright Side in about 24 hours and yep it was just as good the 2nd time. I started Gus yesterday. DSD and scrapping is getting in the way of reading today...

2. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I cry as soon as i open the first page of an old book that I was forced to read in middle school I think it was. Where the Red Fern Grows. Gets me sobbing everytime.

3. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I just finished The Nightingale....I can't stop crying.....now I need something light hearted!

4. DixieDoesPSP

Yes Where the Red Fern Grows I will start crying on the first couple pages! It is such a wonderful book but I need a huge box of tissue to get through it. If you haven't read it you should.

5. DixieDoesPSP

Anne is this book sad because of the dog or the human? I can't handle books well where animals are abused or die etc... Marley and Me killed me. I went to the movies to see it had never read it and I was so ****ed that no one warned me about the ending. I was a wreck could not even leave the theater. I have a soft heart for animals. Yet I love Where the Red Fern Grows.I may be able to read this one because I read it in grammer school and know verbatim pretty much what happens so I am prepared. But before I add this one you read I need a disclaimer LOL

6. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Me, too!! In fact, I borrowed this book from the library no less than 5 times before I actually read it because I knew it would be tough. I sobbed my way through the last half of it.

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've cried in a lot of books! Years ago, reading Harry Potter to my kids, my daughter would exasperatedly take the book from me and take over reading because I'd become too overcome to read. I thought it was funny that she couldn't understand how I'd get so emotional over a book. I think she understands a bit now that she's a teenager though.