Tearing my hair out

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Nemla, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

:hairpol I have spent most of today, trying to get my new computer up and running.....
    I seriously want to cry , or do this :throwpc or this :badputer
    I bought ( after much deliberation ) a desk top pc, with a good graphic card, a ton of memory, both on storage and ram and that for me is the most important thing. How ever it would be nice if I could go on the internet too..... or write a letter..... 2 minutes to open 1 letter in my mail box! It keeps trying to connect to my neighbours wifi, despite me telling it to forget it. I have a usb wifi connector , because our wifi is down stairs , never had a problem with the laptop..... as for any web page including the Lilypad it just wont open them....
    I can not download any of the bought programs stored on the cloud because the internet connection is so bad,:banghead but at least the ones I had on disk went in.Windows 10 has some sort of error in the installation, and anything google related forget about it....
    ok rant over.... just needed to "air my grievances" at least I still have the laptop.

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I think dealing with computers is the worst. Sending good thoughts and hugs.

Nemla likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

snort, I would connect to neighbors! bhahhahahh

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love computers when they work. I hate them when they don't. And it's even worse that it's a new computer! I hope your computer behaves better soon.

Nemla likes this.
  5. Nemla

Thank you.
    I would if I thought I could get away with it LoL

6. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Setting up new computers is the WORSE!!!! Headaches PLUS!!! I always dread when I have to get a new computer. Hope it all works out for you.

Nemla likes this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm so sorry. I just got a new external hard drive & am in the process of backing everything up in my various spots before I transfer everything.

Nemla likes this.
  8. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

We had a computer a long while back that was defective from day one. Took us a week or two to realize that. Had to return it and get another one. Could that be the problem with yours? So sorry you are having such a frustrating time with it. New computers should just know better than to behave so badly!!! :)

Nemla likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ugh. New computers should just work!

I will say, we bought a nifty little box that runs the Internet through the house wires. It works awesome and gives me hardwired Internet with no cords through the house. It might be something to try of the computer confines to act up.

Nemla likes this.
  10. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

So frustrating - my husband is constantly updating the software etc and something always goes wrong... Love/hate relationship with computers for sure!

good luck @Nemla hope it all falls into place for you soon

Nemla likes this.
  11. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

When my daughter and her husband had to live with us once (upstairs) they bought a wifi booster box thing that they used. It worked really well. I've resorted to Ethernet cables in some locations we've lived. Hope you get it up and going soon! Windows 10 is a bear when there is a problem.

Nemla likes this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Vivi, I hope it's treating you better now! Ugh... setting them up is so hard! Hugs!

Nemla likes this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I hope you are making progress!

Nemla likes this.
  14. carilyne

Hopefully you are having some luck. If not, know you have a friend on the other side of the world pulling her hair out :hairpoltrying to connect to new internet service. Right now I'm on the old service but it will disappear soon.

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

you know, I was a bit spooked when I saw your thread tittle... I posted the same tittle yesterday in the polly forum!!!!
    Have you googled what is going on?
    my friend who helps me with my computer generally googles when he doesn't know the answer and we have always gotten a good solution.... ir maybe go to the Microsopft forum?
    that's why I love iMac.... is plug and play... but understand that some people don't like it.... I wish I was nearer and could help more!!!

16. Nemla

@MrsPeel I have phoned the shop Where I got it. The technician is supposed to get in touch sometime this afternoon,and see if he can sort me out over the phone....as 're IMac I have 4 bought programs from Serif, and Art Rage. They all run on Windows only, And Mac is sooo expensive here. Plus I like Windows,- when it works !
    @carilyne Thanks a lot,shared hairpulling is the best ! I will be thinking about you too.
    @Mary, we have a booster, somewhere, from when we had the shop, I will try to connect that, thanks.
    @bestcee that actually sounds like something that could work. Wonder if it is available here .?
    Can you remember the name of it ?
    Everyone else all the well wishes truly warms my heart. Thanks :bk

17. carilyne

Best of luck to you. Supposedly we were supposed to get a new modem (that we didn't ask for but obviously need). Thankfully my phone can be a hot spot so I won't be shut off from the world.

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I guess it would help if I posted the name. :duh
    Mine is a TP Link Nano Powerline adapter. I bought the starter kit that came with 1 adapter, and the starting piece. The starting piece is the one that plugs in near the router and you plug an ethernet cord from the router into that piece. I bought mine on Amazon.

Nemla likes this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Good luck Vivi - hope the tech gets you sorted today! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

20. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hoping the issues get resolved TODAY...