summer lunches | pad patter 6.4.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 4, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's the second day of summer vacation and we're already tired of sandwiches for lunch too. Probably because sandwiches are what we do for school lunch. So my question is what do you do for easy lunches in the summer? I'm open to any and all suggestions for both teens and adults.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I am on a kick for chicken Cesar salad wraps. DH grills...whatever he wants lol on the weekends and he throws a little chicken on there for me, too. I make my wrap each day and heat up a little chicken for some protein. (But if you don't do meat, it's easy to leave off.)

My kids also like "snack plates": crackers and cheese with the typical fruits/veggies. Sometimes DS asks for a slice of ham or a big pepperoni too (DH gets large ones for our pizzas).

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

The wraps sound yummy. I'll have to try those. I'm getting low on grilled chicken in the freezer, so the next sale I'll stock up and have my hubby grill up a bunch. We use it for quesadillas and pretty much any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.

Tree City likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I know they're kind of pricey, but GS loves "Lunchables" he likes the variety in the different packages. DD buysthem for him.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Homemade Lunchables, quesadillas, fish sticks & tater tots, soup, frozen ravioli, pancakes & already-cooked bacon...

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I make whatever is fast and easy... sometimes it's leftovers, sometimes it's a sandwich (bologna, PB&J or tuna fish) and sometimes it's a lean cuisine microwave meal with some carrot sticks on the side. I don't get a lunch hour all school year, just a quick 15 minutes at my desk so that I can get off work early and pick my kids up from school, so during the summer when I get a lunch hour and am able to go home since I work less than a half mile from home, I like to get things done... like scrapbooking! :)

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My children are old enough to fend for themselves for breakfast and lunch . . . we usually have some kind of plan for dinner, but if we don't, we have quick options for everyone to pick for themselves.

We have White Castle burgers, mini sausage biscuits, frozen pizzas, corn dogs, waffles/pancakes . . . along with Boar's Head lunchmeat, "fancy" white mountain bread and fresh tomato/lettuce to top the sandwiches. Fresh fruit and cheese spread or cheese sticks. It's soooo very hot here, so the less we have to cook, the better!

8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Back in the day for my kiddo's I always had
    Celery with peanut butter and raisins
    Yogurt
    cutup fruit salad in a bowl in the fridge
    basic salad that they could add what they wanted
    wraps are great here too. I agree with Cheryl we buy Boar's Head lunchmeat too.
    We also buy Naan bread and that is great as a sandwich. My favorite is
    Grilled chicken\grilled red peppers and onions\lettuce\feta cheese\Sweet Chili sauce - heat up the Naan bread and up all ingredients inside, fold over.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

DH grilled hamburgers last night. I had him grill two extra for lunch today.
    - Homemade lunchables - or "Snack Trays" as my friend calls them. Cheese, meat, fruit, veggie.
    - Hot dogs for the boy, salad for me.
    - "pasta roni". I usually make it myself rather than buy the box.
    - Chicken and rice is a favorite of munchkins. It's like rice-a roni and we add chicken and veg.
    - leftovers
    - fruit and hard boiled eggs.
    - mac and cheese.