suggestions for organisation??

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by onaponakookt, Jan 20, 2022.

1. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

My scrap supplies are a total mess.
    i started digiscrapping way back in 2006 or so, and organized everything in folders
    designer/kitname/ and then elements/papers/stamps

I stopped in 2012 or so, to start again in 2016 where I did some pocket scrapbooking
    with a new organisation method
    one giant folder for journal cards, one stamps, one for elements with subdivisions and one for papers.

Stopped pocket scrapbooking after two years, since life got a bit too busy and printing them out was way too expensive. Since I didn't place them in galleries, I thought there was no need for me to remember the designer.

Last year I started once again, this time in a travel notebook (digital files, later assembled to little booklets which I print, staple and cut to size)
    guess what? Yep, another organisation method
    templates
    journal cards
    elements
    papers
    stamps

how could I create one structure for everything? any suggestions?

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I have no idea on ONE structure for different methods of scrapping - other than tagging the items instead. Using Windows (or Mac?) or software like Adobe Bridge, or ACDSee

3. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I have a MacBook and I started using Finder tags. I leave the kits in their folders, but then add tags so I can find all my alphas or templates or whatever. I also add tags to the kit folders themselves so I can quickly sort to show only kits from The Lilypad, or kits with food themes or Christmas for example. You could also tag individual elements to quickly sort all of your buttons or fasteners. It would be tedious at first to get started, but at least if you decide to change your method again in the future, related items would still be together in their kit folders.

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i too like suggestions, i am need to start new, store month not good. anyone staing fresh as i am?