Suggestions for Mar - June 2020

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

bellbird and bonnenuit like this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

This book is one of my all-time favorite books. Non-fiction but it reads like an historical fiction book.
    16158542.jpg

Karen likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i have 2 on the shelf that i'd like to throw in the ring but i see there's one spot left and they're both Aussie authors so i don't know if they're harder to find in the US?? I know we all read Nine Perfect Strangers but i think Liane Moriarty is more international since the Big Little Lies tv series - anyway...
    so i' ll post a link to both and if i just let GR decide, this first one is 'better' - 4.13 stars (but also it's apparently YA which i know not everyone likes) and more end of the world sort of stuff
    (((ETA: i was not swayed at all by seeing my name on the cover, although that doesn't happen very often! because my copy hasn't got that on the front - mine says ' a terrifying yet hope-filled story of disaster, deceit, love, sacrifice and survival - Fleur Ferris)))
    [​IMG]
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...t?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=UeLJazenPm&rank=2
    and the 2nd is 3.36 stars and sounds more who can you trust/thriller, but it's reviews are so polar opposite, so i think that really skews the result
    [​IMG]

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=t8C5VfAhEO&rank=3#

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh man! I totally want to read that first book. I have a weird fascination with end of the world type books like this one and I might actually buy the book {gasp} but it is not available with my library, my e-library or even my state wide requesting library. The only place I can find it is on Amazon for $20. So, just in the interest of picking one that's more available to everyone, I'm going to add your second book to the list.

And then we are ready for voting ! thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!

bellbird likes this.