Studying Blues

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi everyone.

I feel like I am completely swamped by study at the moment. I think it is just the feeling because I am still able to spend time with the kids and get most of the housework done, and the readings and tasks are definitely not impossibly hard. I don't want to sound conceited, but I am quite intelligent, computer savvy and I have no learning difficulties, so I am not having trouble with it, just feeling like it is all I am doing. I am just not getting much time for scrapping or crocheting, and it is starting to bum me out. I have to get my study done, but I also need a break and I am struggling to justify my breaks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for not feeling so crushed by school work? Or help with not feeling guilty for taking a break?

Another problem is that it is mixed mode, mainly online, so there is a LOT of computer screen time. By the end of the day when I'd like to he scrapping, my eyes are just so over looking at the screen. Any suggestions.

I was feeling like I was back in a scrapping groove, but it is slumping again, and I don't even get onto the forums much at the moment. I miss my Pad Pals!

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

no real advice but I totally get you having been through it 3-5 years ago. For me study became all I did so my work/life balance went out the window.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Aw, sorry Chippi. I can totally relate. When I was in college I used to yearn for free time to create anything! I would crochet some here and there, but that usually just made it worse because I never wanted to quit. Lol! I don't think you should feel guilty if you need a break once in awhile. Sometimes stepping away is really good for your ability to learn.

Maybe if you don't have time for a good scrappy binge you could at least plan one whole day where you get to scrap AFTER a big test or the end of a semester or something. Then you can have that to look forward to and you won't have to feel guilty taking the creative break.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh, Chippi, being happy will help you be a better person - studywise, craftywise and familywise. :)

Just like schoolwork, and any other things you do probably, schedule it. You need to take care of you. Try little increments. Take a 1/2 hour or 45 minute break between subjects, get a creative fix, or remove yourself from the screen, and then move onto the next subject. It will pry give your brain downtime to absorb what you have been studying! :)

Hugs! Keep up the good work!

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I don't really have advice either- except ya'll doing school while having a family are like superheroes! I could barely take care of myself in school, I cannot imagine have other lives to be responsible for!? Rock on girlie! :agree