Struggling with deciding…..on retirement sale

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 21, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

FYI, I’ve already chopped my original choices by half but it’s still way over my budget. Currently I’m at just over $50 and ideally I’d like to be around $30-$35 max because of exchange rate.

Help!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AllisonPennington likes this.
  2. jenny

jenny jenny

My cart has been sitting, quite full since the weekend so I'm probably not much help. If you want a little bit of everything, you could narrow down the template sets to a few favourites and then see where you're at budget wise. Or the opposite, and keep mainly the template sets. So many goodies retiring!
    :stash

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

guess this making us all sick, deciding

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Maybe think of which one you would love to use just now, because maybe you have the perfect pics! I love that first set of 2020 grabbag.

5. littlekiwi

I don’t really have a “want to use now” item or items out of that, it’s more I like all of these and will use them eventually kind of thing.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I see you have a few of your fav designers in there. How about picking 1 or 2 from each designer?

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  7. Cath_

maybe designers could work with you to reach down to your budget, well in a dream world

don't tthink we could buy something for you and you get download nstead of us

8. littlekiwi

@Cath_ im sure I’ll survive if I miss out on something, I have more than enough stash as it is!

Cath_ likes this.
  9. Cath_

@littlekiwi I can't buy u a gift certificale without email. Be nice if I could help you

10. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Of Wishes Hopes Dreams templates were originally freebies during DSD 2016 so check that you don't already have them (they won't show up as store purchases).

Year in Review and YIR2 are both very similar, I would choose one only.

It's difficult to say without knowing what you already have and how you use templates. For me I delete out all embellishment spots straight away, so a template has got to have 'more' for me to want to buy it, such as great paint splatters, unusual clipping shapes (doilies, banners), journaling paths or lots of clipping placements for photos and journaling that's more difficult to get lined up etc myself. Any where there's really just a few rectangles and circles left I'm loathe to spend money on.

Also, an alpha has to be pretty special for me to buy - I rarely use them (lazy) and usually opt for a font with a style applied. If I did use alphas a lot then these would probably stay in my basket as they are easy to mix and match with other things (also, remember you can apply styles, clip papers and re-colour alphas as well).

Kit wise, it's just a case of being ruthless - how different is it from what you already have, what is it that is calling you about it in particular, are you sure you haven't got something that fits the theme already. I struggle here as I can easily fall in love with a couple of patterned papers in a kit and buy it just for them!

I would say don't stress about 'missing out' on something that is retiring when our wonderful designers always have so many more new products coming out each week.

bestcee likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

Oh by no means do I think I’m missing out if I don’t get everything @fruitysuet. I have a large enough stash as is!

The good news is, I have shaved about $10 off my cart so I’m only above my top budget by about $5 but I have noticed not all designers have retired stuff yet including my fave designer. In saying that I probably own 98% of her store anyway!

12. littlekiwi

Thanks all, I've made my final choices now so am pleased. Now I need to scrap with it all!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think I have about 75 items sitting in my cart right now. CLEARLY I need to whittle mine down too. :giggle

14. littlekiwi

@Karen, glad I’m not the only one with eyes bigger than their wallet! Just too many irresistible items here, that’s all….

Karen and bestcee like this.