Street Foods

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, Apr 21, 2021.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I have been watching Youtube (another of my guilty pleasures).. and came across a video on Korean Corn Dogs .. OMG they look so freakin good... so I had to whip some up in my kitchen.. and I think I found a new favorite..

so it got me thinking.. what is everyone's favorite STREET foods? [​IMG]

I am a huge fan of Mexican Street Corn in the summer months..
    also Street Tacos.. and now Korean Corn Dogs...[​IMG]
    When I go farther north in the state.. they have really amazing Meat Pies.. that are to die for!
    and around here at the Farmer's markets in the warmer months the local Hmong population have stands with amazing Hmong Egg Rolls and spring rolls.. and sometimes other dishes like Bubble tea or Pad See Ew! [​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't get a chance to eat it very often, but if I do, I love funnel cakes. I always get that powdered sugar all over myself though. Hahaha

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Tacos. Tacostacostacos.

Or poke bowls.

Did I say tacos?

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I really don't have the opportunity to enjoy street food unless there's an event or festival. We love to get the curly fries that are an entire potato that's spiraled into what looks like a nest and fried. So crispy and yummy with salt and ketchup. Of course, corn dogs are always better from the fair or a festival. I don't know what it is, but they make them so yummy. Of course, the elephant ears (or funnel cakes) with the powdered sugar as awesome, too.

@dotcomkari As far as YouTube, I love love love to watch it. I have my fave scrappers to watch their creative process. I love to watch things being cleaned. Houses, cars, whatever. The transformation is so satisfying. I think it's probably because I can't do a lot of the physical things that I find it so appealing. There are also videos in FlossTube (for sewing, embroidery, cross stitching) that I watch. And BookTube is a great community for learning about new books, getting reviews, and really all things about reading.

5. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I'll eat just about anything in a taco shell. I swear I've scrapped 100 pages about my love for tacos.

jenn mccabe and QuiltyMom like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm unsure if you want Food Truck Foods, or Festival Foods... but most can be at both! :giggle

Tacos. Any, All.... yum.

Cousin's Lobster Rolls.... They come to my town in the summer... yum.
    upload_2021-4-21_16-52-28.jpeg

Those spiral long potatoes....
    upload_2021-4-21_16-50-32.jpeg

jenn mccabe, bestcee and JenEm like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Street tacos and Mexican corn are both favorites!
    I also love funnel cakes, with powdered sugar and a chocolate sauce to dip them in :)
    Yum!

jk703 likes this.
  8. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

I might just have to come and visit your town in the summer! :giggle

Karen and jk703 like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I haven't eaten a lot of food out of food trucks. But I'm sure I would love street tacos!

We did see some interesting street food in China. Scorpion or squid on a stick. Still live and wiggling and then they fry it right there for you!

[​IMG]

10. jk703

Yeah... I don't know if my brain could handle watching wiggly and then eating. And Scorpions. I think I'm too much of a wuss. I'm shuddering.

11. jk703

Yes, please! East Coast NJ. :giggle Though, I don't think I know where you are?! Maybe I can get Sara to visit me this summer too! Or Maureen.... Or Jenn, or whoever else is an East Coaster! There's a great one by my mom at the beach too! @Tree City @cookingmylife @jenn mccabe

Karen and Tree City like this.
  12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

[​IMG]

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Tacos, and pizza in New York.

I'm looking forward to the strawberry shortcake at that festival this year, and the BBQ plates at that one! We don't have a lot of street food around here. And the only food truck I've seen in the winter is the donut one!

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Ew!! Definitely a moment worth a shudder! But cool that you took photos and a video for scrapping!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Cousins comes around here too! Not sure about summer but during the winter they hit some places/restaurants and serve up their goods

jk703 likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's probably a good thing, but we don't have too many food trucks in our area. We do have a hot dog cart in the summer that serves Chicago Style hot dogs and those are super yummy. It always feels like summer is officially here when he pulls out the cart. :giggle We do have a huge art fair in the summer, so in a normal year, when that's happening, there are tons of cool foods in those. A couple year ago there was a guy making crepes and I had a Cubano crepe that was super good. Normally otherwise is Fair food for me and then I save my calories/money for a funnel cake usually. Yummy!

17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

So happy no one said FROG legs for their favorite food!
    [​IMG]

18. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

mmmmm funnel cake with powered sugar and a sprinkle of flies!

[​IMG]

20. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

I kissed Bart :love

A big warm stroopwafel