Stitch it up!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by mrspotts, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Ready to walk a bit on the wild side?! Come learn a little bit about stitching on your scrapbooking projects. Find the info on the BLOG today!

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

Off to go read now!

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

4. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I love stitching on my pages, even if I am stuck (due to my complete lack of domestication) with digital options. Thank heavens for the awesome digi-stitching in this store! I'm addicted to them. Great post.

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

How did you get your machine to go all messy? lol

6. mrspotts

Angie you better not be fooling with me or I am going to feel like a dork answering this. To get it "messy" you just move your paper side to side, and then use your backstitch button to stitch backwards over it. While going backwards you can move your paper around some too.

Now if you want to do the zig zag and the straight combined start with one stitch (ie zig zag), stop your sewing, and begin to back stitch with the other stitch (ie straight).

Hope that helps!

7. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Well that's what I thought, but it looked so perfectly messy that I wasn't sure if I was missing something. LOL

8. heathergw

I agree... it does look "perfectly messy" :wub I still need to practice it, I feel like my paper is always stuck on the track for straight and struggle with moving it around... maybe I have too many layers :giggle

9. mrspotts

Angie and Heather you crack me up! So the question is do you think my messy stitching is too perfect? Do you think I need to be more messy? I'm always up for some constructive criticism!

Heather it is hard to do messy stitching if you are doing a lot of layers, one way to fix that is to go slow and then while your needle is down through the papers stop sewing, lift your presser foot, move your paper. put presser foot down, go a few a stitches, and repeat. It goes much slower but it works.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  10. heathergw

HAHAHA... nooooo, your messy stitching looks awesome!!!