Stickers

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 16, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I bought a new water bottle and I need some stickers for it. Ok I don’t need stickers for it but I want to make it fun. For those of you that decorate your laptops with decals where do you buy yours from? I am also going to need some that are water resistant.

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh honey, boy can we (daughter & I) hook you up!! For them to be water-proof, like on a water bottle, you should use the glossy ones. For a laptop you can use either the matt or the glossy.

Where to get?
    • Lots of stores carry them, often by the check-out. We have seen lots of them in museum stores, stores that are part of restaurants, etc. Really just about any kind of store. Just start looking when you are out shopping.
    • Free - if you love a particular brand, you can often get logo stickers from them via snail mail. Just go to their website or search for free stickers.
    • Amazon - lots of packs available, usually by topic
    • Other online stores that sell paper products and craft supplies
    • Etsy - lots and lots here
    • Some stores have started including them as freebies in orders (I know Happy Planner does now).
    If you want to branch out and print your own, there is glossy or matt vinyl sticker paper that you can print on using an inkjet printer. You can either cut it by hand, or if you have a Cricut or similar machine, you can use it to print and cut.

And lastly, you can join the cool kids if your water bottle has stickers.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Fun! Kaylee got some of their laptop stickers at Hot Topic (they have them by the register, like Bev said), and some they ordered from either Red Bubble or Society6 (can't remember now, we've ordered things from both). The ones they got are matte, but I think at least the online places have glossy options. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've either made mine or gotten them from Amazon. We just got new Chromebooks at work because our other ones were set to not be supported anymore, and my first thought was "what about my stickers???" I'm starting all over with a brand new surface, too.

weaselwatchr and BevG like this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Sounds super fun. Show us once you have them chosen and in place?

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I agree! I'd love to see the finished products!!
    I love to make stickers and usually buy the materials from Amazon (because they are pretty inexpensive and because we live in the boonies away from any large stores!)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I know Olivia has gotten several from Etsy sellers, but I'm not sure which ones. Tagging her here although I'm not sure when she'll check the forum. She's working full time now and has little free time. @LivyBug

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I've only bought laptop stickers, but I've gotten them from Etsy. I've been happy with what I've bought from Wild Oak Stickers and Five Dandelions, but I can't vouch for their water resistance.

I put my water bottles in the dishwasher, and I've been afraid stickers won't stand up well to that. If I'm wrong, someone let me know! I'd love to add some to my water bottles.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

I was on red bubble and picked out so many stickers. I am mostly going to put them on my water bottle although hubby said I could decorate his too.

BevG and Karen like this.
  10. weaselwatchr

That’s my big concern too about how they will hold up to washing.

rach3975 likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love stickers and I love to make my own. I buy most of my sticker paper from Onlinelabels.com They have both matte and gloss that are water proof. I couldn't believe that they would actually be waterproof with an inkjet printer, so I ordered some free samples to try them out and they actually are!

https://www.onlinelabels.com/materials/weatherproof-labels

I use my Silhouette Portrait to cut mine out, but if you're only making a couple you could easily cut them by hand too.

bestcee and rach3975 like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not stickers, but vinyl makes it through the dishwasher just fine. I've made a few labels and 'stickers' where I've just layered vinyl on top of each other.

rach3975 likes this.
  13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I just ordered a couple of vinyl (not printed) decals to try out. I read that the solid colors hold up better, but I couldn't resist the shiny holographic ones anyway! I'm doing 1 of my 2 water bottles to start, and if it holds up well I'll probably cave and do my other water bottle and a travel mug.

bestcee likes this.
  14. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

@weaselwatchr I had some waterproof stickers made if you'd like me to send you some!
    Otherwise on Etsy I've mainly purchased planner stickers.

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

16. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion