Staying on top of MOC

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by littlekiwi, Jan 8, 2023.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I was keeping up until I went to the ER yesterday and was admitted to the hospital for emergency gall bladder removal today. Just hanging out here waiting when I couLd be scrapping! I hope to catch up this weekend.

2. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

I managed to do them all... I am on sick leave, so I have time. :blush
    Next monday I'll be back at work .. :groan

3. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you're resting up and feeling all better soon!

dawnmarch likes this.
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

So far so good! I have all nine done at the moment, but this morning I only had six. I actually scrap a challenge faster than a non-challenge page because I find the parameters to be really helpful in making decisions.

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We came back on the 4th and so I caught up those pages over the next two days.
    I usually like to do a layout each day to stay on top of things.
    But I am a quick scrapbooker so it is easier for me to stay on top and to catch up.
    Wishing you all of the very best Jennifer, however you play along.

6. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

I was staying on top of challenges each day until this weekend. Our area in California has been pounded with winter storms, one right after the other. (National Guard is deployed to our area) Where I live, each day there is a new weather alert, evacuation notice, flooding warning (with words thrown around like levee break/breech, atmospheric river, bomb cyclone and pineapple express), tornado warning, high wind warning, and last night massive thunder storm (like you couldn't even count the lightning strikes there were so many). We have lost a 40-50 foot tree on our property that had to be dealt with, almost 100 ft of fence, power outages (3 so far, the first for 15 hours), internet outages for over 36 hours and tons of debris cleanup.
    Needless to stay, scrapbooking was a little difficult during all of this. I am down about 3 right now. I just finished Day 7 last night and am trying to figure out my approach to Day 8, but alas must go get ready for work. These storms show no sign of stopping either and there have been soooo many nights in a row of being awoken by the storms.

7. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Get well soon!

dawnmarch likes this.
  8. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Hugs to you! The waiting is awful in those scenarios. My DD spent four+ weeks in the hospital last year. I could have scrapped - I was with her every day - but the mojo wasn't there. I did a bit, and organized my stash a BUNCH. MOC would have been beyond me. More hugs!

dawnmarch likes this.
  9. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Hugs to you as well! That kind of weather is distressing, even if you DO have power and could work on stuff. Be safe going to and fro as you must!

dawnmarch likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've completed 7 of 10, but haven't posted one of those yet. My work this year has been insanely busy and I'm working extra trying to finish a big project, so that has definitely thrown my usual MOC mojo out of whack. I do have a scrapbooking weekend coming this weekend with a friend of mine, so I'm confident I can get caught up. Whether I can stay caught up or not is a whole other thing. :giggle Thankfully we have lots of January left to get in a groove! :agree

11. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

@Angela Toucan I am glad that you have found something to help with the difficulties the month of January brings you. Big hugs, and I hope MOC continues to bring you some joy and peace.

@dawnmarch by the time you see this I am sure you will have had your surgery, hope all went well and wish you a speedy recovery!

I am currently 3 days behind but am hoping to get all of them done this evening, we will see. It all depends on the muse and how bad my attention span is, lol.

dawnmarch and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

You are not alone Jennifer I signed up for MOC but struggling to find the time to scrap this month. Work has become super busy, I am also a part-time student studying my CIPD Level 3 (HR course) and I have load of coursework to complete for this as well.

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well I was full of good intentions, after attempting some scrapping on Monday (I half started two challenges!), I got up from my computer and had what I think was a low blood pressure attack and I kind of blanked for a second and fell upon standing so I’ve been nursing some pretty decent bruises and sore muscles the past few days. Hoping this weekend I can knock a few out along with some other things I need to do (3 job applications).

bestcee likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi

At my live scrap session last night, I talked about ways to catch up and keep up with daily challenges. Session participants also had lots of suggestions as well.

bestcee and rach3975 like this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Thanks @gonewiththewind I did see that video pop up today but I’m currently watching your previous video first (kind of procrastinating on the rest of my weekend tasks as I do so however). I definitely will watch it though

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

I am on top of them so far. I have been so inspired by the challenges and the gallery. I had the first week off, we were visiting our zone in Pasadena for New Years. Gave me lots of time to scrap. I am loving this year.

17. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

For all of you dealing with a difficult month, health issues, and natural disasters, I hope things improve soon!

I've been struggling with scrapping mojo for about 6 months. I was so looking forward to MOC, thinking it might help jump start my scrapping as it has during some past MOCs. But I guess I miscalculated and that only works when I'm having a smaller bout of scrappers block; this time trying to complete a challenge on top of my lack of mojo has made MOC feel too stressful. On a positive note, because it's January and I feel like I SHOULD be scrapping, I have managed to get a few pages done. They just don't count for challenges. I haven't ruled out participating in MOC, but I'm definitely not going to get many challenges done this time.

18. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I caught up again today. I keep finding myself struggling a bit and getting behind by a couple. When I come back to them, usually whatever was blocking me clears and I'm able to finish. for today's, it came together easily, but I ended up using a kit that was unexpected. I guess I just try an roll with what moves me. I think I get stuck when I try and force something.

I keep just a simple list in a small notebook, sometimes I'll jot notes for what photos I want to use for a challenge, or even what kits. I even have tried sketching a few (they almost always turn out way different from my sketch though). I do like Cheryl showed in the video by starting a layout file and pulling in photos and any other things I'm pretty sure I want to use, save it until I'm ready to scrap.

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, as you saw from my status, I got my first MOC page done just yesterday - 13th. I did my second today.
    The 12th, I sat down and decided to batch similar to Cheryl showed in her video. I opened and named a PSD: MOC 1 MOC 2, etc... I pasted in the instructions from the MOC page. When I did that, I read them over, and if something inspired me, I added a note. For example, when I read the Day 6: Photoless I thought about the Basketball Book I want to make for Munchkin. So, I added some notes about that. And I grabbed a photo real quick from Lightroom. Not ever challenge had an immediate thought, but for the ones that did, I added that stuff. Then, yesterday, I opened up the one that I was most inspired by and got to work. Today, I just opened up Day 1 knowing that I had a photo, and the instructions ready to go. I picked the first kit that worked and started scrapping. I know I have a kit that would probably work better with that photo - but I didn't go looking. I wanted to get scrapping, not supply browsing.

A lot of times, that's what I have to tell myself - just do it. Don't go for perfect, just go for done.

littlekiwi and bonnenuit like this.
  20. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I'm just getting started! I've only completed the first day's layout so far. I was hoping to get some pages done during my "vacation" last week. In turns out my vacation spot, Santa Cruz mountains, was/is in the middle of a disaster zone. We didn't have power for 3 days! I was tired of all that rain after only a week--I can't image how those of you who are living there must feel.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about being behind. Making 2 pages a day is doable, right?