Staying on top of MOC

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by littlekiwi, Jan 8, 2023.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

How are you all staying on top of MOC so far?

I haven’t started yet though I’ve looked at all the challenges and have a few rough ideas floating around but feel like I’m at least 10 steps behind where I wanted to be in the lead up to MOC (especially when it comes to having my stash organised). Doesn’t help that I envisage January is only going to become busier for me and take more scrapping time away (happens every year, the first 10-14 days are quieter than the back half of the month)

jk703 and umyesh like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I actually signed up this year and have done all challenges so far. Definitely a first for me. Not sure if I will do all 31 but I'm going to try!

I wondered why I hadn't see any layouts from you yet. Been looking for them.

jk703 and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I've scrapped half the challenges so far. I'm sorry January is busy for you Jennifer; I feel like mine is busier than usual too!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Like you I haven’t started yet. I have scrapped a bunch of pages, so that feels good. My goal is to start some tomorrow. We’ll see. Not feeling terribly motivated. Lol

5. littlekiwi

To be honest, there’s no great reason why, hopefully I’ll be inspired soon though.

6. littlekiwi

I wouldn’t say it’s excessively busy compared to other years, it’s more that I didn’t take advantage of the down time last week like I should have and now feel like I’m “behind” and chasing my tail trying to catch up. Maybe I just need to start with a challenge I’m super confident on or I find easy to kick start my mojo….

umyesh likes this.
  7. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I'm like you Jennifer, January has been a busy month this year for me too! I've only completed one challenge so far. But to be fair, I don't plan to finish all challenges because that'll give me so much anxiety just thinking about it. This year is very different from last year since I've just started freelance work, so I have very low expectations of myself for MOC.

8. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Last year, I was right on top of MOC. We got to Florida on Jan 1 and I scrapped the challenge each day as a priority. It was fun! I actually missed it the first week of February.

This past year has been tough, emotionally, physically, and otherwise. I was organized to scrap, but our daughter made her first visit home in 4 1/2 years and was with us from 12/26 through today. Obviously, her visit was my priority. We also got to Florida on the 4th (with daughter in tow), so I'm just now, as I type, really getting started on the challenges for MOC11. I've gotten two or three done - but I'm still trying to "settle."

I hope you get into MOC, Jennifer! Your work is wonderful!

londoncuppa and LynnG like this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm continuing my routine of doing each page the day it's assigned. In the past, I've not let more than a day go by without scrapping. Except in 2018 when we had a family vacation for one week in January, and I had to catch up when I returned. If I didn't scrap daily or at least every other day, it would be too overwhelming. Rarely do I scrap more than two pages in a day any time of the year.

10. umyesh

Sounds like a good plan! :)

I’ve given myself permission to not do every single challenge this year so that I’m not stressed about staying caught up.

Mingo08 likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I usually just scrap each day before end of day. If I get behind it's usually only a day or two and I use weekends when I have lots of time to play catch up.

I find that if I work each page in that day I may spend an hour at most of my time working on it. This works for me.

12. littlekiwi

I'm beginning to think this might be the way I go, any challenges done is an accomplishment

mnjenlittle and umyesh like this.
  13. umyesh

Yep that's where I'm at.

14. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I have done 5 out of 8. It has a been quite a January for me. I am doing my best.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

Well I've kind of got one layout half started....struggling with the final touches so currently it looks so incomplete. Struggling I think mainly because I am trying to piece together bits from several kits as I don't have a themed kit that 100% works - for some reason I don't have a tonne of adult birthday kits or celebration kits. My other problem is I've tended to go off script for part of my layouts previously using some non TLP products but of course that isn't an option now....

16. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I've done all 8. But now routines are back to normal re work. Hoping I will keep it up, I'm only working 2 days per week, I probably won't be too busy. Working today, but I plan to make both chall 9 & 10 tomorrow.

17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've managed all 8 so far. For me MOC is a priority. There is a reason. I used to dread the arrival of January, I used to be so depressed through it too. My first son was still born in January. When I discovered MOC after arriving at the Lilypad it gave me something to look forward to, something to focus on. It's been a tremendous help to me. So I'll keep going, and everything else, like cleaning whatever it is the teenagers have splashed up the back door will wait.

Memaw2Wm, LynnG, ninigoesdigi and 2 others like this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

19. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

7 out of 9, very happy with that. (Especially after a few years of absence!)
    I’m really not feeling the heirloom challenge, I really don’t know where to start. It doesn’t help that I don’t like the colour brown and distressed papers (which I both associated with this challenge).

20. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I only have 4 pages done. I've been sick with an upper respiratory thing & pink eye since before the New Year. My eyes are still bothering me. Definitely not how I planned on spending the beginning of January. I'm planning on pushing through and finishing by the end, though.