Starting over with Digi Scrapping

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by heather_dw, Jun 29, 2020.

1. heather_dw

heather_dw Well-Known Member

It's been YEARS since i've been here. I know... i don't know what the heck that was all about. I find myself needing to re-stock as I have no digi items now :( I'm less than 3 months from an out of state move, so I need to be frugal about it. Ugh, it's been so stressful these last few months, that I really need my digi hobby back. Originally, I was going to wait until after the move, but I need the relaxation NOW

Any suggestions for creating a stash on a budget? Is getting a subscription like Storytime the way to go? What are your favorite "bang for your buck" sets?

Also, Hello again! :)

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome back Heather! The SOSN sales on Wednesdays are a great way to stock up at 50% off. And the subscriptions like storyteller, MPM (memory pockets monthly) and M3 (mixed media monthly) are great too. Make sure you sign up for the designers' newsletters to be notified of sales and freebies. All the info for newsletters and all things TLP is here. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/faq-notifications-signatures-and-other-fun-facts.48073/

Oh and check out the challenges in the challenge pad. There's a monthly template freebie and lots of the designers have challenges and freebies as well. Hope you have fun getting back into digi and the out of state move goes smoothly.

JenEm and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome back, Heather! What @keepscrappin Kayla said! We're happy you joined us!

JenEm likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome back Heather.
    I really like the Storyteller Subscription as the kits are all very versatile.

JenEm likes this.
  5. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome back to The Pad, Heather. You have received some great suggestions. Many designers also offer some great freebies in The Lilypad store here

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a huge believer in sales and subscribing to your favorite designer newsletters. Always great extra coupon discounts, and many times some freebies.
    I am also a great one for justification of how spending $20 on digiscrap is the greatest bargain,
    I remember the cost of developing film, the ridiculousness on a $3 sheet of stickers (only can use once) and yikes, these are your memories you are creating and your peace of mind thru the pure relaxation of scrapping and smiling at the photos you choose for your page.
    lol
    welcome back to really a wonderful hobby that pays off so much more than you can put in...♥

Donitab and Karen like this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'd really suggest the SOSNs on Wednesday and YES subscribe to all the newsletters til you learn your style again cause if something really strikes your OH YES! button, it's likely that the designer has a good price just for subscribers. But that means you have to strike while the iron is hot i.e within the certain time frame. Also check out the Designer Challenges Forum for many many freebies from the designers with a theme to scrap.

I'd also say some basic templates if you have an idea of what you plan to scrap. Travel? children? Project Life? Artsy? and look through the gallery a lot so if you see layouts that say That's the kind of page I want to make! then you can start a wishlist for what you like. Get basics...some neutral colors unless you are a COLOR person! I think the best bang for the buck are kits/collabs that have papers, elements and transfers/word art. The whole shebang!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You have lots of great suggestions above for re-building a stash. I'd also add that whenever we have a big sale or party going on around here the designers make awesome collab kits that are free with a purchase, or just free with a blog hop, so keeping the subscription to the main Lilypad newsletter is always a great idea too! :agree

And welcome back! :)

9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Welcome back!! I see you have all the great suggestions already, but just wanted to wave hello!

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome back! Looks like you have great suggestions, and I can't think of any new ones! :)

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Welcome back! TLP is the only site for me! You will be glad you returned!

12. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Welcome back! I just started digi scrapping again after too many years off! I lost about 85% of my old stash so I've been trying to rebuild myself. You already got the advice that I would have suggested! :)

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome back! it's a Wednesday now so i hope you check out the newsletter for the 50% off SOSN (stands for Something Old, Something New if no one mentioned it and you've forgotten) and the July challenges will be up soon to give you some motivation (unless you are busy packing).
    A basics pack with some solids you can recolour (there's a bunch of tutes and how-to's in the Learning Pad or just ask if you aren't sure how) and an assortment of elements like this one by Amy would be one of my first stash building suggestions if you're starting from scratch too
    [​IMG]

cookingmylife likes this.
  14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome back. I like the Lilypad collabs, because you get a bit from every designer ( get one of the more recent ones ) and what ever challenge you do, there will be something there you can use. ( and they are HUGE ) . Have fun

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! SOSN is definitely the way to go to build up your stash. I also like shopping the BYOC each month and mixing and matching and getting those extra savings. The BYOC for July comes out on Friday!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Welcome back. Joining the Lilypad when I wanted to restart digiscrapping was the best thing I did.
    Check our the chats and scraps. Everyone taking part in a slow scrap or speed scrap gets a coupon. Also some of the designers run their own challenges, with great prizes or discount coupons. I won $10 in the FiddleDeeDee challenge last month to spend on more templates.

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome back Heather!

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcocme back Heather!

19. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Joining in on the re-joining!! I haven't been around in a crazy long time! I saved my stash, though!! Nice to have someone else around that is a new/oldie, too!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

wvsandy likes this.
  20. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!