Starting fresh

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by RebeccaH, Dec 29, 2014.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay, I started 2014 off great with my health and fitness... and then with a shoulder injury, and then another, my ability (and also my desire) to do anything even a little resembling exercise fell by the wayside. I've gained a solid 5 pounds, and I just feel flabby and yuck.

On top of that, our diet has gotten lazy... I started this new career, and was busy busy busy all the time. I didn't make time for meal planning or advanced prep. And I started falling back on the easy, but not-so-good-for-you foods. Not good for any of us! Now I see my daughter craving junk food and sweets... I'm doing no one any favors by not making a change!

I know it's cliché, but this is my resolution for the year... healthy eating, healthy living, healthy habits. Anyone else??

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am going to definitely focus on eating healthy again. We totally fell off the wagon when the school year started because we were constantly on the go running to sports practices and games every night. Now that my boys are done with sports until spring I need to get back to cooking at home again. I'm usually a very healthy cook when i have time to cook at home, so we'll see. I have a foot surgery in Feb. so that'll slow me down on exercise for about 6 weeks, but I've been doing pretty good with that for the last year or so. One thing at a time... :)

3. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

starting over again, but I swear this is THE time. I have seen my grandmother's health failing so fast and so many of her issues are hereditary. I HAVE to get healthy for myself AND my family. I have been using My Fitness Pal since "re-starting" and I love it.

4. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

yep me too. starting a fresh in the morning with a new healthy eating plan. Won't be able to go to the gym until Saturday though as they are closed

6. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

me too. injuries derailed me at the end of summer and I think I've put on 10 lbs just since September. :( not sure the injuries are healed, so I'll be carefully heading into exercising. my first day planned is on my birthday. that's my present to myself. and the healthy eating is a given. I usually do, just have to stop the bad-snacking!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ugh....me. I have worked hard over the last few years to be healthy, I eat fairly clean, go to weight class and zumba and b/c of my sucky thyroid disease I still ended up gaining 20 lbs this year. I am going to tweak my diet in January, fit in another exercise class or two every week and hopefully that will get me back on track.

8. Dana

Dana Dana

oh yes - me too! one of my main goals for the year is to cook "clean" meals for the family and also to start exercising on a daily basis - i go in spurts and it shows!

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I already went to the high school football stadium and ran stairs this morning...off to an ok start. ;)

10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

count me in the starting over group

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

me too. 2013 was my year, so good. 2014 ... not so much. let's do this!

12. tropt

tropt Some like it hot

2014 was half-half: I did better on my exercise (yay!) but terrible on things like getting enough sleep (I currently resemble a racoon going on vacation - dark circles around my eyes with big bags), drinking enough water, etc.

So, this year..trying to log my exercise and food (trying gluten-free and non-processed for this month). As for sleep...ummm..maybe that will be next month's goal. ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  13. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I've been under calories for 4 days and I'm currently UP a pound.

I'm not loving life over here. :rofl

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What the what?!?! That would not make me very happy either.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

16. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured