Star Wars - Rogue One Trailer!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrappyjedi, Apr 7, 2016.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I am totally geeking out over it- anyone else?

I was not the biggest fan of The Force Awakens, but this looks like it's more my style. I tend to like smaller, more character-driven stories.

Tree City likes this.
  2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm totally confused as to where this fits in... or is it just a one-off? Looks interesting. :)

3. scrappyjedi

It's a one-off, set just before A New Hope (Episode IV). Disney is releasing a Star Wars movie every year, alternating one-offs with the sequel trilogy films. This year we get Rogue One, next year Episode 8, and then the year after that I think they are releasing a young Han Solo movie.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

I was pretty excited - watched it this morning before work. Our boys are star wars fanatics - still working on scrapping their Jedi Training and other Disney pics from last month:)

5. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Well that's just going to confuse me - I spent the whole trailer waiting for Rey and Kylo Ren to appear...

Looks good though

6. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Oh I am geeking totally!!!!! LOL I love Star Wars!!!

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so excited! I really enjoyed the Force Awakens, but I remember when the only good channel that came in clear Saturday mornings was a US channel that played Star Wars pretty much weekly.

This one looks great too! I'm excited to see another strong female lead. I love listening to the kids in my complex fighting over who gets to be Katniss, and who gets to be Rey.

scrapsandsass and enjoyyourpix like this.
  8. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

My hubby showed this to me. We are excited. We love Star Wars and like the idea of all these one off stories. I hypothesized this new female character might be mother/grandmother of Rey. They left that story line wide open! Probably isn't that but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled in that connection.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  9. renee82

renee82 renee82

I showed this to my boys yesterday. They are so super excited! lol!

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

gosh Melissaaaaaa you are going to turn me into a fan.... (something none of my friends could do in all these years since the first movie!!!)
    I may start looking at it...just coz I love you....

11. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Super geek here and I am crazy excited! It looks so good and I am loving the strong female leads lately! It's great for my kids to see!!!! It makes me a little sad to hear the boys say "Rey is soooo cool even though she is a girl." Girls are awesome!!! I like having these kinds of movies to show them!

12. scrappyjedi

Awwww, Cynthia! :bk

I honestly did not fall in love with the movies and am still not the biggest fan of the films. I got hooked on the books, though, when Heir to the Empire was published way back in 1991, and I just love reading them! From what I see in the trailer, this new movie looks like it has the same feel and type of storytelling as the novels, so I'm really excited (and hopeful!) that I will like it more than any of the other movies.

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

My husband and I went and saw The Force Awakens on New Years Eve and we were like the little 7-8 year old kids we were when the very first one came out. When the big "Star Wars" came on the screen with the music playing I just wanted to take a picture (the scrapbooker in me) but my hubby wouldn't let me (the flash, you know?). But I was totally geeking out!! I didn't realize they were doing one-offs between the movies. What a great idea. This looks fantastic!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Melissa, I just feel the way you are passionate about it makes me interested... I loved the first movie (I was in my 20s I think?) but then life took me into different directions and I just couldn't get excited about it ....

Robyn: @rchansen my daughter often is embarrassed as the scrapbooker in me doens't allow anyone to eat before I take photos of the food and every person who will eat it LOL funnily enough, in the movies I have taken photos withoytr flash and they come out quiet well, so, if you want to rick your husband next time, give it a go :giggle

15. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Ooooh! I hadn't watched this yet. Looks so good! Super excited to see it!

16. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

The Force Awakens is my favorite of all the films so far. The trailer for Rogue One didn't grab me but I will still watch the movie when it comes out. I read ALL the books way back when and I'm still waiting for a movie with Mara Jade!

17. scrappyjedi

@~Mary Yay for another Star Wars novel fan!! I'm dying for a Mara Jade movie, as well, but since all of those books have now been classified as non-canon "Legends," I wonder if they will even bring her character into the rebooted story line. One can hope!!

~Mary likes this.