Star Trek or Star Wars | Pad Patter 3.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I like both, although I'm more familiar with the older stuff than the more recent. My children prefer Star Wars.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

Probably Star Wars- the first movie I remember going to was The Empire Strikes Back. My kids and I like to watch the original 3 movies. We didn't have a tv in the 80s when I was 5-14 so I never got into Star Trek. I am a bigger fan of the original Star Wars movies, not so much a fan of the prequels or the sequels, but I have seen one of the newer Star Trek movies and it was pretty good. I don't keep up with the new Star Wars spin-off tv shows.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I don't dislike Star Trek but I'm more a fan of Star Wars.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Well, this didn't start a war. Phew! lol

I like both but if I had to choose one it would absolutely be Trek Without Star Trek, there would be no Star Wars. Also, one of my dogs is named Ishka. Neither of my dogs are named Luke. lol (And if you know which Star Trek series Ishka appears in without Googling, I'll give you extra points.) I also used to be a big reader of the Star Trek books.

And if I got a second choice, I would make the Star Wars prequels disappear. If you haven't seen Star Wars just start with movie 4 (the original movie) and go forward.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Can I choose neither? LOL

My kids would probably say Star Wars and my hubby would say Star Trek.

Me, I'll just watch whatever they are watching...actually I'll be scrapbooking.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

That's so much fun writing fan fiction!!! The new Star Trek movies are kind of like prequels to the Star trek series since they feature younger versions of the characters

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  7. weaselwatchr

I am the queen of binge. I can watch a whole season in 24 hours depending how long it is. Hubby is the same as your hubby, two and done. He gets bored but I want to know what happens.

tanteva likes this.
  8. weaselwatchr

I am scrapping too, lol

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Way back in the 90's when I was on AOL, I found a message board for fans of the soap opera "As The World Turns". A few of us became good friends. Most of us also watched "Guiding Light" so several of the girls decided to write some fan fiction of characters from both shows together. We had episodes and everything and it was emailed to us. When I did my house purge, I found all the printed episodes. It was a hoot reading through them. Some of those ladies are still friends to this day and some we've lost since they were in their 40's/50's at that time. I even flew to CA in 1997 to stay with one of the girls for a long weekend and met a few of the other "Oldsters" as well. And, in 2002, a friend and I went to a St. Jude Benefit in NYC that was put on by one of the actresses on ATWT. We spent the evening with some of the "Oldsters" and got to meet a lot of the actors from the various CBS soap operas that night.

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't been a fan of either. I was familiar with Star Trek growing up because my brother watched it. And at some point, I eventually saw all the Star Wars movies on VHS. But my husband didn't like the newer Star Wars movies and I didn't care so I haven't seen any of those, and I'm not sure why we haven't watched much Star Trek. He liked it growing up but hasn't watched it much in decades. I guess because there are so many other options and we haven't been very interested in TV since we decided to cancel cable in 2005.

If I had to to choose one, I'd pick Star Trek, because I love the progressive ideals and have always wished I could teleport.

11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Fan fiction before that was a thing ... this was back in 1967-1968 when we were in middle school.

During my two years of middle school (7th & 8th grades) I also read every sci fi book in the school's library. Funny thing is that I haven't read sci fi since I was in high school ... Fahrenheit 451 for English if I remember correctly. Of course, I had already read it in middle school during my personal sci fi reading.