Speed Scrap | July 20

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Good evening everyone! I'm going to be starting a speed scrap chat in about 10 minutes. I will also be posting all of the steps here as I add them in the chat. I hope you can join us!

STEPS:

ONE – To create our background we are going to start with one full sized paper and then add two wide paper strips that slight overlap and go across the entire layout. They may go from side to side or from top to bottom.

TWO – Add one photo on top of the two paper strips. Add a paper mat or a paper layer under the photo.

THREE – Tuck a bit of paper or a small date tag under the photo, with enough peeking out to add a date on top of it.

FOUR – Tuck another couple of bits of papers, or tags or ephemera under one side of the photo. Attach them with a staple or paper clip (or any fasteners)

FIVE – Add at least 7 more elements to create a cluster near one corner of your photo. Add at least 1 element by itself on another edge of the photo.

SIX – Create a large title that also stretches across most of the layout following the same direction as your paper strips. (If your paper strips are horizontal, make your title horizontal. If your paper strips are vertical, make your title vertical too)

SEVEN –Add a bit of journaling anywhere on your layout.

Your finished pages must be posted by 10:00 pm ET tonight, July 20th. Please post your layouts in the Speed Scraps Gallery and then also post them here so I can make sure to get you your prize for playing along.

ETA: Here's the layout I used for my steps:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

4. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

That was a fun chat, thank you Karen!
    Here is mine. (There really are 7 layers in that cluster.) lol
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  5. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Sorry I got the chat time wrong. An hour late, doggone.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  6. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Karen dear first time that I miss your chats and the speed scrap, but the lightnings didn't allow me to connect the internet.
    So glad the next Friday is supposed to be the last day with thunders and lightnings. You have a wonderful day and a fantabulous week dear lady!

Karen likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We missed you! :love

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh bummer about the lightning and losing internet last night. We definitely missed you. Hopefully the weather will move on and we'll see you at the next one! :agree

G.J. likes this.
  9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Dear @Karen thank you so much for your kind words. Wishing you a wonderful weekend :bk:bk

Karen likes this.