Soooo, this happened!!! :D

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, Jun 30, 2020.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

On the eve of our oldest grandson's 7th birthday which we are banned from celebrating, :cry I calmed down after getting that news aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndd this happened:
    I sat down on couch and opened laptop to Facebook. I saw a friend request. I clicked on it, and it was from a girl named Ana Ruth. I accepted the request. I went to her page, and lo and behold- it is the ONE and ONLY Ana Ruth whom we named Cassandra Joy Mercedes when we adopted her in Honduras!!!!:heartslub:happydance2 We had to return her to her mother after 14 months due to changes in national law. I still don't remember the last two weeks there after she left and then we flew back to the States. I have had many dreams of her:hammock :wubb We have prayed for her for nearly 20 years. We didn't know where she was. Now, she finds us on Facebook, and has photos of her daughter who is the same age she was when we had to give her up. They look IDENTICAL!!!
    This is "Cassie" at our home in Honduras:
    Cassie.jpg
    This is her daughter:
    67637574_116745482962654_2327630304564477952_o.jpg
    She said she knew there had been "something" that happened when she was little, but never got the details. Don't know why her mother never told her?? She told my husband tonight that she prayed she would understand, and "God told her 'you had an adoptive family' ".:nod So she started looking. We had found the name Ana Ruth ____ a month ago on Insta. I simply asked if she was from Honduras. Then all this unfolded. We have been praying for our family to reunite. I am taking this as a sign that it is time! Son was very close to "Cassie" and we will have to tell him. If you are one who prays, please ask for favor that he and DIL will let go of their grievances and allow us all to start over:grouphug- It IS time.:waiting We are moving 498 miles away in a few weeks. :pray Now I am going to bed as my mind is fried! Happy but fried,:happydance2:dizzy LOl!!! THANKS!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

What an amazing experience! Praying for you all :)

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

what an amazing thing! glad she reached out to you guys, such good news!

AJK likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, Amanda, I have goosebumps right now!! I'm SO incredibly happy for you! What a miracle! Now, I'll just keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your family comes to their senses. :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

AJK likes this.
  5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm glad she found you and you were able to connect. I hope everything falls in place with your son and his wife too.

AJK likes this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou Amanda for sharing your news with us.
    I pray for you that you will be blessed with the desires of your heart. :heartslub

AJK likes this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks, Monica!
    Thanks Justine. The timing of it is amazing too- we really needed a fresh breath of encouragment. If (and He did!) this is possible, then getting DIL to let down her guard is too!

Thank you, Cheryl. Really appreciate it.

Why thank you, Sheri! We had a good visit with son last week. Haven't seen DIL since January. Really, sincerely miss her. Have tried gifts, cards, flowers to try to show her, but still waiting.

Thanks, Anne-Marie

SeattleSheri likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

God is always at work, even when we don't see what He is up to.
    So happy for you and pray that there will be breakthrough and forgiveness.

busywoman139 and AJK like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So awesome.. prayers for you and your family Amanda and so glad you found Ana Ruth/Cassandra :) May you all have many many years of happiness!!

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So true, Stefanie. We just need to be reminded. Son was the Big Brother to Cassie, so I am hoping it touches both him and his wife in a way that we haven't been able to as of yet. Really grateful that Cassie (Ana Ruth) has the desire to know us. She is really excited to find us, lol!

StefanieS likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thank you, Christa. :)

cfile likes this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That's wonderful news, Amanda! Sounds like it was perfect timing and a push of positivity! Wishing you the best with your son and DIL.

AJK likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

what a blessings.

AJK likes this.
  14. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

How wonderful that you found each other again! So happy for you!

AJK likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

"Everything always works out in the end, and if it hasn't yet, it's not the end!" (I have to tell myself that a lot...) I do pray and amazingly enough there is always a better solution than what I had hoped for and tried to nudge God/the Universe into. I hope this is the crack in the wall that opens up so much more in your family life! :angel

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! What a cool story!

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

That's such a great thought! I will keep it!! :D @cookingmylife
    It is, isn't it. Still in the pinching myself phase!
    Thanks! @KimJ
    Yeah, Jenn @jk703 , it was! It is helping us get through this birthday thing. And now we won't forget when she found us again due to that date!

KimJ and jk703 like this.
  18. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

WOW this is awesome! Praying for you and your family!

AJK likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Amanda, you know, (I think?) I rarely read the forum... I need someone with me to read long parragraphs, my neuro issues got worse in the past year or so...but sometimes, (hand of God!) something makes me come to a thread or another.
    OI am so so very glad I saw this.
    My dad used to say when God closes a door, He opens a window, and what a window you had opened for you.
    All my love, all the best with the move, I am trying my best to catch up, not happening quiet as I would like it to, but you are always in our prayers!!!!!

[​IMG]

AJK and cfile like this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thanks Cynthia @MrsPeel Love that gif too!