Socks or No? | Pad Patter 2.22.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Feb 23, 2020.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

So, I HAVE to wear socks to bed. Big, clean, fuzzy socks. All year long. Admittedly, there are nights I wake up hot and shed them, but I ALWAYS start with them on my feet... even when I'm barefoot or in sandals the rest of the day.

I just realized I'm the only one in my house that does this. My youngest son loves to wear socks at home, but removes them before bed. Everyone else... nope... no socks at all.

So weird. LOL.

So, do you wear socks to bed? Do you have any particular sock/shoe/foot habits?
    [​IMG]

KarenB likes this.
  2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I am primarily a sock sleeper as well! This time of year I normally have socks on all day long and just sleep in the same ones, but I do have a few pair of slipper socks in my nightstand that I can grab without having to get out of bed if I decide I need something warmer. During the summer months, I'm often barefoot during the day but usually grab some of those slipper socks when I climb into bed. Maybe a couple of times a month I will take socks off during the night and just drop them on the floor next to the bed.

DH is strictly no socks for sleeping. My kids are not so picky and will just go to bed "as is", socks or no, although DD often wakes up with one or both off and lost in the covers somewhere. It doesn't seem to bother her, as she's been known to walk around all morning on the weekend with just one sock! :giggle

jenevang likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I rarely if ever wear socks, and that's when I'm wearing my athletic shoes or my close toed shoes (and then I wear the thin trouser sock). NOOOOOO socks to bed. In fact, I often sleep with my feet out from under the covers.

I'm very hot natured. My mom was, too, but now she is cold natured. I can only hope and pray that when the change finishes, this being hot business will pass, too!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. jenevang

ACK. ONE SOCK. That would drive me mad :giggle

LOL. How do you really feel about it, Cheryl? :giggle

KimJ likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're going to think I'm totally silly, but I wear these "yoga toes" socks to bed. They keep my feet from cramping. I can skip a night or two, but then, the cramps come back and even up into my legs. yoga toes.jpg

jesskab likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, if you want to know how I **really** feel . . . LOL . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

As a kid my grandmother thought I was weird because I had to wear socks to bed. As I grew older I got away from it. Now it depends. If I get really cold and can't warm up, I'll wear socks. But most of the time I don't. But then I keep my bedroom house warmer than most people would like.

During the day, yes I have to have socks on at all times during fall/winter/spring. Summer I'm good without them. But I have to have something on my feet. I just can't stand to walk around barefoot even in the house.

cfile likes this.
  8. jenevang

Re: those socks!
    [​IMG]
    That makes me shudder just thinking about things between my toes, LOL.

[​IMG]
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

LOL... I love being barefoot... except at night :)

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@jenevang You get used to them, Jen. I wear flip flops constantly, so the between-the-toes thing doesn't bother me. :lol:lol:lol

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yes! I must wear socks to bed too! I love my fuzzy "sleepy socks" and yes, I often kick them off before too long, but I can't sleep if my feet are cold!

jenevang likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I just started wearing sandals with toe thingy's two years ago- stuff between toes- - -
    [​IMG]
    So I wear fluffy socks too!
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, jesskab and jenevang like this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I only wear socks to bed in the cold half of the year. Then I wear socks all day. In the warm half of the year I'm barefoot all day (except when going out, of course).

jenevang likes this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That's like my son. I don't get it...seems like it would feel uncomfortable to have one foot warm and the other one just hanging out lol.

I love having nice, comfy socks but I like thin socks, not the fuzzy ones. DD likes the thick fuzzy ones so if I get a pair as a gift, I pass them onto her.

jenevang and KimJ like this.
  14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I rarely wear socks to bed - only if I'm really cold. And then they have to be big nice fuzzy ones. In fact my hubby calls my fuzzy socks the "no" socks... as in my answer ;) :blush:giggle

My daughter & husband never wear socks to bed and my son does only sometimes but only because I think he just forgets to take them off. Lol

15. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Sometimes in winter if it is really cold I will wear socks to bed as we do not have an electric blanket but by early morning before getting up the socks are usually off.
    [​IMG]

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

OK before I say I sometimes just wear 1 fluffy sock to sleep, let me put it medically, it's like taking a half dose when the full dose is too much to handle side-effect wise. That said, i often just want the toe and metatarsal part of the sock on at night & have thought about cutting the heels out of some of my bed socks - so go ahead and not feel weird, I got that covered! :agree

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Chery re the cramps, stick a bar of soap (even the size from a hotel will do) at the bottom of your bed ear your feet between the mattress and the fitted sheet. if your foot starts to cramp touh the soap and it will go away. I have had a bar of soap (the same one - lever) for over 10 years now, and I have not had cramps since. I even told the cashier at walmart as she was telling me she was taking meds for cramps in her feet/legs and when she tried the soap, she no longer needs the meds. There is something in the soap that eliminates the cramping... don't know why, but it works. I would get severe cramps even in the front of my legs (like shin splints) and could hardly walk, icing would help, but now that I have the soap I have had no leg/feet cramps. Hugs :)

-----
    Jen, I only wear socks if my feet are ice cold, and it is only until they warm u and then I kick them off. I wear socks all day though inside my slippers :)

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Me too!

19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I might start out with socks on when I go to bed but 9/10 times I’ll end up kicking them off during the night.

jenevang likes this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Only in winter for me, summer is just too dang hot.

jenevang likes this.