Sob...One More Challenge...

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by Pachimac, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yes!! My problem is that when I'm scrapping a page, I don't think "Hey, why don't I try that shaker box technique with this one??" I have to learn to be more creative in using the things I learn in MOC.

Cherylndesigns and bonnenuit like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You can do it for me! :giggle
    Seriously, we have a lot of fun in the games. Bingo can be overwhelming, but it's a blast! There are a ton of less time consuming ones though. Like the BYOC palette! You get to create a set of colors that you'd love to see for BYOC.

michelepixels and AJK like this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Haha, Susie, @Pachimac - I decided that I definitely am going to remember some of these for February's challenges, like:
    Mosaic, Title Bleeding, Same but Different, 10 things+dangles!

Pachimac likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm always sad when MOC is over because I love immersing myself in scrapping for a whole month, especially in January when I usually don't do anything else because it's cold and dreary outside. Lol.

But my hubby is happy it's almost over because I don't pay enough attention to him. Ha ha!

AJK likes this.
  5. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

So happy this year has gone so well. I have gotten sick and even gotten a concussion one year in January. And I usually get so burned out too! lol So phew! This year went great! Thanks so much to the team's creativity and work and kind comments on layouts!

Karen likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We wait and wait and them it's finally here - "poof" - it's over so fast. I can't believe we only have one more day. It's been wonderful, exciting fun to see what each new has brought and one more day yet to bring. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to EVERYBODY and I do mean EVERYBODY who works so hard to make this wonderful event happy every year!!! While I'm on the subject, Thank You to ALL who make EVERYTHING happen around here. You ALL rock!!! :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:yourock:funfun

Karen, AJK and michelepixels like this.
  7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I've had a blast this MOC. It has really recharged me to continue scrapping and it always helps me enjoy the creativity rather than just focusing on finishing a particular project.

And, I agree that huge thanks are due to all of those who make it possible. Thank you!!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Ditto.
    Ditto.
    Ditto.
    I already knew how to make backgrounds fall into darkness, but it was a perfect challenge to help me with one of my goals this year, to use my DSLR every week and I'm very proud of my picture.
    And I did have one feeling like "I'm never doing THAT again." You know that feeling some people get from creepy crawlies? That's how I feel about distorted faces, so I won't be keeping that layout or ever making another bobble head . . . unless it's on a future MOC. :D

9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I think this MOC in particular has cemented in my husband's mind that he needs to help make sure I get more creative time. I think I've been much nicer to him this month since he's made a point to watch the girls so my brain can recharge a tiny bit by scrapping. So I'm really grateful for this month as hopefully it means changes to self-care for me & him being an active part in helping me there.

10 years of MOC scrapped for me!!!

10. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Really?!? My father and I also share the same birthday (February as well); obviously I know others have that same experience, but I've never known someone specifically that did too!! :)

bestcee and Karen like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love reading how much everyone enjoyed MOC this year! I did as well :) I'm also a little sad when it comes to an end, but it has really helped me to get back in the swing of creating more. I think for the last several months I've just been in a slump and MOC has really kickstarted things for me again!

Karen likes this.
  12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

While I won't go so far to say that I am "sad" MOC is over :) it's always a bit anticlimactic for me, since MOC on the back side of things starts in November! But I am always happy to hear how most of you have enjoyed the event and, above all else, have either learned something new, or stretched yourselves (or both). That was the whole point of the event when it started 10 years ago - to help bring our community out of their winter slump and allow us all to learn something new! So bravo for all of you who stepped outside your comfort zone this month!!

bestcee, sm_amber, Karen and 5 others like this.
  13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yep!! I also found out I was pregnant with her on my birthday!

bestcee, Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  14. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Yes, thank you to everyone that put this on - I had a lot of fun and created so many pages that I love!

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Oh, that is neat to know.:idea2 And what a clever way to accomplish that goal!!!

16. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Yes, Thank you for making this happen...

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I had so much fun playing a part, cheering everyone on. Making sample pages, and commenting on people's creative takes on challenges. I loved the dangles - that was my favourite and I want to try and incorporate that a little more going forward.

18. Karen

My hubby and my youngest son share a birthday in March too! :D I told him that was his birthday present that year. :giggle It is pretty cool.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My sister was born on my parents anniversary, also in March. She said that was his present. And next year it was his turn to plan. :agree

20. Karen

funny enough… our other son was born on our anniversary. That year I got an epidural for my anniversary present and THAT was the best gift ever! :giggle I’m the only one who gets my birthday all to myself. Lol.