So, what happens now?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by mrs2a50, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

[​IMG]

Not really! I hope you all consider this your home, and you STAY! But this scene instantly popped into my head :giggle

We have our LAST challenge to be posted tomorrow (so excited for that one!)! There has been a lot of talk about the approaching end to MOC, and what on earth are we going to do in February?? Well, I wanted to let you know what I will be doing, starting February 2:

At 11:59 pm Eastern time on February 2, I will lock down all the MOC Layout threads, and no additional layouts may be posted after that (if you are getting down to the wire, make sure you know your time zone conversions!). Over the weeks following, I will be checking each layout thread to confirm that it has 31 layouts posted to it, one layout per challenge, and that each layout conforms to the challenge guidelines. Please be patient with this process; I know everyone will be anxious and excited, but this does take a fair amount of time and effort.

Once I have the list of challengers that completed all 31 challenges, I will get the registration list from Laura and match up the finishers with the registration list. If I have a finisher that did not register, I will be contacting them to get the needed information. I will also post the finisher list in the MOC forum, so you can all see your name and bask in the pride of finishing a challenge a day for a month! All finishers will receive their $20 via gift certificate, and we cannot send the gift certificates out until we have everyone's information, so depending on whether we have finishers who didn't register, this could take a little time as well. AND, since this is the first time we've used registration, there may be some kinks to work out. Again, we ask for patience.

We will also schedule a chat so we can announce our new Polly, and the winners of the individual challenge gift certificates. This is always great fun!

If you have any questions about how all this works, just let me know!

2. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

Oops, I fully intend to finish all 31 challenges, with tomorrows I have 3 more to do, BUT I didn't know I was supposed to register. I can speed up the process by doing that now, and saving you the effort of contacting me. Where do I have to go?! *found it and registered*!
    Thanks for a great month, and getting me scrapping again, I will not be going anywhere in a hurry!
    CU around
    Hugs
    Kerri

Sokee, Karen, KatrinaHunt13 and 4 others like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you so much @mrs2a50 Julie. Thank you and @lmccandless Laura and all the Polly Hosts for all you have to do AFTER the MOC. I know it is a lot. It is much appreciated as was the actual MOC. Thank you again!

Sokee, Karen, KatrinaHunt13 and 3 others like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

And there's Tangie's Art Journaling Class in February. And the Monthly Challenges in February. And catching up on all the pretty gallery layouts!

Sokee, Karen, KatrinaHunt13 and 6 others like this.
  5. bestcee

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

So much work involved, you're (all) amazing for all the effort that goes into MOC before, during and after.

I think I was so excited I may have registered twice:circlesbefore it started. I hope that this part of the process works to make things easier for you at your end.

Sokee, Frumpje, KatrinaHunt13 and 3 others like this.
  7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

So we have three days (not including today) to finish? I'm always confused about the time these days with the conversion to UK time. I think it's 5+ hours so that would mean I have until Feb 3rd at 4:59 am?

Sokee likes this.
  8. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Thanks for letting us know what is going to happen next in terms of MOC.

And, don't forget about the fun AJ challenge Anne announced today! Plenty to do even without a challenge a day.

9. bestcee

Mylinn likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

yes, oh thank you Rikki! I am so excited about it, I already have it ready to go, and have to make up for such an easy challenge for the MOC!

Karen, AJK, crazsquaw and 2 others like this.
  11. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I don't remember if I registered???? Should I register again----just in case?????

12. mrs2a50

@NancyP - don't worry about it. I'll check the list when I get it and let you know

13. NancyP

HU???? What AJ challenge???? I can't find it!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

14. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the hard work and fun challenges!!

Sokee, KatrinaHunt13 and mrs2a50 like this.
  15. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

This month has certainly been a lot of work (and still some to do since I am not quite caught up yet... but I am oh so close and will definitely be finishing).

HOWEVER, I know it is NOTHING compared to the amount of work that has happened behind the scenes. Thank you all for doing this! There are over seven THOUSAND pages in the MOC 6 portion of the gallery alone, so I know that means that there are a ton of layouts to look through at the end. And just because I am curious- what is the average number of layouts posted in the gallery per month as compared to MOC?

EHStudios, Sokee, bellbird and 4 others like this.
  16. mrs2a50

Ummm, okay. I'm not sure I needed to know that ... :backing

17. NancyP

@mrs2a50 ----HAY!! Is it true???? I just heard MOC is being extended for another month!!!!
    Julie----I was only kidding! Wake up!!! I need some help here!!!!! Julie passed out!!!!! :rofl

EHStudios, Sokee, bellbird and 6 others like this.
  18. mrs2a50

Hahaha! That Nancy, she's a funny one!

Sokee, bellbird, jk703 and 4 others like this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

February Fun Challenge For U! | with Anne <---that is me!
    It is gonna be hard, and painful, and I am gonna make you journal for hours at a time, and use a thesaurus!

20. AnneofAlamo

just kidding!
    bhahwhahha

bellbird, Karen and KatrinaHunt13 like this.