So Unfair

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Lisa Carroll, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Why does it take just a few bad days to gain 3 lbs, but 2 weeks of strict dieting to loose it???

Stepped on the scale this morning to find that I gained 3 lbs since Friday!

I know I was really bad this weekend, lots of booze, carbs, sweets, no exercise, basically I totally fell off the diet wagon. Which tends to be my problem, I will do great during the week (esp those weeks hubby is traveling) but as soon as the weekend is here, it all goes south and I undue all my hard work. You think I would learn!!

Anyway, I am getting back on track this morning and am going to hope that by Friday I can get those lbs off the scale! Wish me luck, since hubby is home this week it will definitely be harder!!

Any tips for staying on track through the weekends would be greatly appreciated!

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

It's complete BS. Then I just end up in a death spiral of self-loathing which ends up causing me to eat more. UGH!

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I feel your pain :). I'd suggest staying on "schedule" as much as you can. However, taking advice from me on fitness is like taking advice on snowmobiles from a Floridian. Just sayin...

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Some of it may be bloating so drink lots of water, try to cut down your carbs/starches this wk and hopefully by the end of the wk you'll see some results.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am with you! I hit the gym today and am sucking down so much water. I am flushing my system with smoothies, water and lots of fiber! lol oh flax and chia you are my friend!
    I refuse to be fat again, I will sweat, and sweat and pay the piper for my chile rellanos I ate this weekend, and that chocolate bar that melted so perfectly in my mouth! bhahahha

6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Read the calorie content on everything before you put it in your mouth, and if you still want that very small chocolate after you know it is 250 cal. - Then go for it. The same goes for peanuts, chips most bar snacks ect. If you know the actual calorie content, it puts you of ....ohh and a very small glass of wine is a minimum of 75 cal......I know I am mean, just thought I'd let you know, Good luck next week.

7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Totally agree! I just started the T-25 and Shakeology Challenge and I am hoping to lose at least 10 lbs in the next 10 weeks...I certainly need it! I think as we age it is harder and harder to even maintain - SUCKS!

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh happy dance, lost the weight and 1 more pound! Body Pump tomorrow and Zumba for my first time...eeep!!

9. Lisa Carroll

That's great! Congrats!! I have about half a pound left to get back where I was last Friday.

10. Lisa Carroll

:lmao

11. Lisa Carroll

I totally agree with you! Always makes you stop and think, before you start shoving food in your mouth. I wish they would be calorie counts on all restaurant menus too.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've cut out most night time snacking. That sure can put you over the top of your daily calories if you're not careful. I now limit my night time snack to under 150 calories.