So TIRED!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have been so tired this week since the time changed. I don't remember the "fall back" time change for daylight savings messing me up so badly before this year. I think it's because I keep waking up an hour before my alarm goes off and I can't go back to sleep. My body still knows what time it's supposed to be before the time changed. I never used to do that before... but I guess I'm getting old enough that it's just a thing now? :giggle I keep getting tired during my work day too and that usually doesn't happen to me either. So weird! Please tell me I'm not alone here!?!?

[​IMG]

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nope not alone, time change always screws me for a few days. Springing forward (which we’ve just done) isn’t too bad but boy adjusting to “falling back” isn’t my favourite thing in the world

3. Karen

Funny thing is that the Spring one is usually the one that messes me up more. This one is throwing me for a loop!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I feel you! My kid keeps waking up at 6:30am, he used to get up at 7:30am for school. His body hasn't adjusted. Me? I haven't noticed except I'm tired at 11pm instead of midnight.

My mother in law keeps looking for dinner at 4pm though, when we usually eat around 5:30-6pm. Can I blame that on the time shift? :whistle

Karen likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

As much as I love getting an extra hour of sleep that first night, I don't like ending daylight savings time. I wish it was the only time we used. I hate that it gets dark at 5 pm and when it's dark out my body thinks it's time to go to sleep so I've been wanting to go to bed at 7 or 8 pm instead instead of 10:30 or 11 pm. I've also been dragging all day long and even took an afternoon nap on Monday and I'm thinking I'll need another nap today and it's only 10 am.

Karen likes this.
  6. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

You are not alone! The fall back time change always messes with my brain, and I have been waking up at 4.45 in the morning. My body clock thinks it's 5.45. The spring forward time change is a lot easier to deal with.

Karen likes this.
  7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

This is me right now. I may have to take a morning nap. :giggle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

With sunset at 5PM and it being chilly, I am getting NOTHING done in the evenings. All I want to do is curl up in a chair with a blanket. 6PM seems like midnight. If I go to bed early I know I'll be wide awake at midnight. I'm ready for spring!

Karen likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

The change itself doesn't bother me, I loved the extra hour of sleep especially when I was working. But I hate the darkness so early. I would always take my garbage/recycling down to the end of the driveway about 6 p.m. after eating. Now I have to do it before 5 p.m. because it's getting darker earlier. By the time December gets here, it'll be up to 4 p.m. My neighborhood is really dark at night since there are no streetlights.

Karen likes this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have been waking up an hour earlier, but I seem to be okay during the day. I do not like it getting dark so early though!

Karen likes this.
  11. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

You're not alone. I'm nodding off in my favorite TV shows - it's like I have narcolepsy.

Karen likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm always tired/fatigued, but having the time change definitely affected me this year. I'm like you, Karen, in that the spring time change is usually the one that gets me, not this one!

Karen likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, Karen, this year's time change has kicked my bootay!! I wake up way early and wake up a lot during the night. Last night was the first uninterrupted night's sleep I've had and I still woke up too early. Stop the madness!!!

Karen likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm with you!! Sunday morning I was up before 6:30 instead of my usual 7 or 7:30 on the weekends, and I'm ready for bed at like 9. By 2 or so at work I'm yawning and longing for a nap. The early darkness does not help. I lose all my energy when the sun goes down!!

Karen and Memaw2Wm like this.
  15. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

OMGoodness... I got COVID on 10/13, and was so tired my oxygen levels plummeted to 81. Hubby took me to quick care where they put me on O2 and sent me via ambulance to the hospital. I was released 10/21 and started working on building my strength and stamina back. Then the time change! Woozers! It hit me hard this year... and like you all it isn't typically the fall change but the spring on that does it. I thought maybe it was the illness, so I am glad to read all these messages and find that it's probably not that so much!

Karen likes this.
  16. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

[​IMG]
    But I also worked two twelve hour shifts back to back and I am getting too old for that nonsense. I had two ten year olds have absolute meltdown in the vaccination room. One of them was running around on top of the bench seats and knocked down the wall partition. What a nightmare of a day. lol.

bestcee and Karen like this.
  17. Karen

I am so glad to read that I am not alone! I am just now starting to feel a little more normal, but I still woke up an hour before my alarm this morning, so I clearly haven't adjusted to the new time yet. Yesterday I didn't feel quite as much like a zombie in the middle of my work day though, so that's progress. Sheesh! :giggle

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

ME TOO!!!!! Internal time clocks should NOT be tampered with! :faint2

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hubs and I always feel dragged out and tired for about a week after the time change. I was hoping they were going to abolish that this year but it hasn't happened. I don't understand why they just can't leave it alone.

Karen likes this.
  20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Don't worry; I'm always tired. I'm also old -- like "have to get up every night to pee" old and "pull a muscle carrying something into the house" old. :giggle

Karen and bestcee like this.