So many emotions

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Mar 18, 2017.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Ladies ... ugh. I'm really frustrated. These projects just haven't wrapped up. I did receive Courtney's cheer book that I made. It's 300 amazing pages of photos of her cheering for the past 4 years. I will post some pictures later. It's pretty cool.

I'm trying to finish the slide show for the banquet on Wednesday. I guess I know it will be done by then but I'm really NOT enjoying it. I'm just not. I'm trying to pick the right music and then get the right photos. It's really stressful. I've contemplated taking a break and scrapping. I haven't been able to do a CT layout for over a month. BUT, here's the frustrating part ... all this other stuff has shut down that desire too. It's like it's poisoned it all. Ugh. I don't like it. I'm sad.

Anyway, I miss scrap-landia. I come to the forum and sort of look but feel left out and that I don't belong. My mind knows that's an untrue thought ... but ... our minds are awesome at telling us lies.

I'm floundering ... ugh. Anyway (again) ... hi! I miss you. (Scrap friends ... scrap challenges ... chats ... gallery ... forum ... Persnickety Prints (for uploading finished scrap pages) ... my shadow styles ... my digi content folders ...

Okay then ... :badmood:madness ... hope to be back soon with a little more JOY in my soul ...

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Awww...hugs. Sorry you're feeling stressed and down right now. Come hang out anytime you want, just lurk if you don't feel like talking and when you want to talk, we're here. I hope you soon come out the other side of the funk you're in and feel more energized. Don't let your break from scrapping bother you, just take the time to relax and get all the stuff done you need to and scrapping will always be there when you are ready, just as we are.

MrsPeel and enjoyyourpix like this.
  3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm so sorry that your slideshow project is sucking out the joy of your scrapping. Hugs. It will pass soon and hopefully you will be re-energized and back to scrapping in no time!

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

aww, this is why I don't do these things so much anymore. They always suck the creative life out of me too. They are hard and stressful ... there's so much pressure to get it right. But just remember ... those watching will love whatever you do and whatever photos you pick. It will be awesome.
    Maybe tell yourself it is "work" like a job ... and not part of your creative fun time. Your reward will be jumping back in and scrapping a page just for you when you finish or doing one of your CT pages? At least it is due Wed so the end is near - you are so close! And getting that big beautiful 300 page cheer book back must make you feel like all the work on that project was worth it? I'm sure you will be glowing on Wed when everyone sees what you have done for them. I'm sure it will be amazing. Hugs to you as you plow through ... I know it's hard, but if you can put together a 4 year, 300 page cheer book - you can do this! :beat:heartlub:beat

5. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I understand this very well. One of my friends had commented back when I was first into digiscrapping on how I should make this a job. So.. I took on the job. I made pages for people and it became a job and less fun. I felt like all my creativity had been sucked out and I was struggling to get ANY sort of inspiration at all. I stopped finding it. My muse's ran dry, every page was like pulling teeth.

It's what you're going through now to an extent. All these things you HAVE to do, have made it a job. Made it something you HAVE to do. And in your mind, it's a negative thing. We psychologically (yes, I'm a Gemini, we study ALL sorts of subjects) throw anything that seems like a job, that seems like we HAVE to do it, into a negative light. It's subconscious, we don't mean to and we have to train ourselves to NOT do it. Even then, it automatically tries.

So. Here's my suggestion. Take a walk. Go out, somewhere where you aren't around something that reminds you of what you HAVE to be doing. Go to the store, go to the library, go to a random festival some local thing happens to have. Go play pool.. just do something that is different. Doesn't have to be long either, just a quick breath like coming up for air after being under the water for a long time.

Now, once you're head is above water, I want you to look at things "incorrectly."

Look there, it's a bench in the park. Now, stop looking at it straight on and move to the side and drop down a bit. Now you're looking at it lengthwise and from the angle of the arm of the bench. Notice the wood grain, see how it looks almost triangular as it's biggest where you're standing and then angles down almost to a point to the other side.

Look there.. there's a wind moving through the tree. Now stand at the trunk of the tree with your back to it and look up. See that little tiny yellow leaf? The 'outcast'? Everything else is green but there he stands defiantly shining like the sun and dancing in the wind more fervently than his fellows. Now close your eyes and listen to the wind. What music is it playing to make that Sunleaf dance? What makes YOU move? What would you dance with him to?

Take Sunleaf to the bench and dance on the big end, then whirl your way with him to the short, smaller end. What music makes you two laugh and dance more? What music soothes you and makes it so you can spin carefully on the smaller end?

Go the store, see if people are absently dancing or singing along to the music on the intercom. Gather your inspiration in places you never realized had it. Find it in the bright yellow and orange of the peaches next to the brilliant green of the granny apples. Find it in the jagged edges of the books at the library. The haphazardly way they're lined up, some in a row and perfect, others leaning on their fellow books to get some air, others so ragged that they look like they'd fall over if the other books were holding them up.

Go. Breathe again. Then come back and do something you WANT to, then face the other projects with a renewal and look at them differently. They've started to look the same and stale in your eyes, you just need to blink a few more times. :D

You can do it!

And come be silly with us when you need, those types of breaks work as well.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

When I am not feeling inspired, I organize my content. I find that looking at all the pretty things I already own gives me back my desire to use them.

Hope you get your project finished soon so you can soon play again.

MrsPeel and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been there. You just need to take a break. Sometimes pushing through to the end just to complete a task simply drains us of everything. You know we love you, so just hang out here for a while with a cup of tea and some chocolate. Browse through the amazing gallery and soak in all the beauty that is there. Watch a couple of episodes of Fixer Upper. Take a walk, as already has been mentioned. Then sit back down to finish it.

Hugs!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am so thankful to read your post. I have also really been feeling the Blehs! Just not inspired and plodding along. I mean there's a sale on and I haven't even done any shopping! Here's hoping we get back on track and enjoy this hobby soon.

9. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Hugs! I'm sorry that you are feeling left out and stressed! You are always welcome at the Pad even if you aren't currently scrapping! Hope everything calms down soon.

10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

THIS!!

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i really like this idea! :)

enjoyyourpix and MrsPeel like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

First, I've seen that cheer book, and it's awesome and no wonder you're creatively zapped. That took a lot to organize and present it in such a beautiful way.

Second, you are missed! I've tried not to bug you, but I do miss you and your pages (yes, selfishly LOL).

Third, get as much done as you can, and then you need to take a break. You only have a few days left and then you will be free to create and scrap again, on your terms, on your time.

Sending ((HUGS)). You are SO strong and I know you can make it through this dip!

Chippi, MrsPeel and londoncuppa like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So sorry you are feeling that way! I know that sometimes when I have to do a lot of things to do that feel like work, it really takes the joy out of it. You've had some great advice...I would only echo taking a step away for a bit and look around for things that bring you joy and inspiration. Sending hugs!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

there's always so much to do and so little time, i know you will find time to get back to what u love at some point, hopefully sooner than later (and the pressure we put on ourselves to get slideshow timing and stuff right is probably far in excess of what it needs to be when people barely pay attention and stuff at the time ...just sayin ;) ) hang in there and thanks for the update about where you're at!

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Can I just give you a simple (hug)!

Your getting great advice here!

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh Kim!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know how much I love your pages and how much I feel we are alike as our daughters are our inspiration ......
    I don't think I can say it any better than the girls have said, so I will start by echoing Barbs @Sokee

huge huge huggz. Then, THIS:
    and of course everyone else, @Serena has a lot of wisdom in her post too, I have had many times in which I felt my creativity was drained, just by the fact that being in so many CTs made me feel I wasn't as good as the others.... I still often feel that way but have learned that I am ME, I make what my soul wants to bring up and have learned to be a bit less paranoid, but what is cutting your creativity is your own creativity with what you feel is a responsibility so apply all the answers here and you will ( I AM SURE) come out of it.
    The last time I felt like this was before MOC 2015...
    I asked my CTs for a month break.
    I payed for every kit I downloaded during the MOC-
    My pages may not have been the best but I enjoyed the process so much, it brought me back into feeling the creativity.

Also, I am one of those whose brain tricks are horrid.... let me reassure you, you more than belong here, you can not scrap and just come chat, you can do whatever, you are already part of this family. You know this is true and there are so many of us missing your pages and missing you, your presence, but as a family member we will be patient and try help you all the way to feel the love to come back to scrap again, but I reckon you just started to make the right steps by posting this.

and Cheryl with her always abundant wisdom... I thought I would pm you to see if you were ok, but then my own life took me places in which I couldn't remember what I needed to do first...we miss you, but we know you need to process all this and we are here for any help you may need.
    You DO belonmg here. So so much.
    I'm sad that you are feeling this way, but it happens to us all, I am glad you posted. We are here for you.
    more huggzzz
    [​IMG]

gonewiththewind and jenn mccabe like this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I go through spurts..I sometimes feel that way if I have a lot of stuff to do which seems like all at the same time.. just take one thing at a time.. if you need to shake it off by scrapping, do an AJ page so you can vent.. get all the negatives out and then start fresh again. Sometimes that is all you need! I hope you get out of your funk and start smiling again quick! Terrific news re the 300 page cheer book for Courtney. That is awesome. The same will be for the slide presentation so just hang in there!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  18. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes... to the above..... so many items to do and the "work" feeling!
    Sending hugs, know we are here and we aren't going anywhere! :love

19. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@enjoyyourpix I bow to the wisdom and love of all the ladies who've posted before me, and I second everything they've said. I too went through the same thing. I think we all have. I started scrapping in 1997 (decorative scissors, anyone?). I had a lot of personal turmoil in 2010-2011, and creativity was the last thing I could think of. I stepped away from scrapping completely for 3 years until 2013. It was my new interest in digital (I was always a paper scrapper) that brought me back.

I started buying digital products from various stores and began Project 365/documenting daily for PL with gusto, but I STILL DIDN'T MAKE ANY PAGES. As a matter of fact, I continued to buy and relish all of my products but didn't make anything at all until the end of 2016. I stored up all of my products, notes and ephemera. I taught myself Photoshop (and the beginnings of Illustrator). I took every class I could get my hands on. Scrapbooking is now all I can think about 24/7, and it's been that way for about 2 years now. I want to learn and give it all I can, but that's only after I completely walked away from it for 3 years.

Give yourself permission to say, "I don't enjoy this anymore, and it's okay to walk away FOR NOW." There are no rules that say you can't come back to it in a month, 6 months, or even a year or two. A hobby shouldn't be stressful, and it shouldn't make you feel guilty. Your community loves you and will still be here when you're ready to come back. It's always okay to say no. Sending you much love!! :grouphug:heartslub

20. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Great advice already given, so just sending you a lot of hugs!! I am sure you will find your mojo after your 'job' is finished and you.are.nearly.there! :glomp