So... It has been a while...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Where did this year go?

HI EVERYONE!! I didn't quite realise how much I have missed you all until I just stopped and thought about when I was last on here. Like when you work so hard you don't realise you are tired until your head hits the pillow.

It has been almost a year. My last post/scrapping was for MOC! I can't even believe it.
    My year:
    Completely full with work, I went from casual hours to permanent contract and now working full time. Even when Australia was in the peak of our COVID lockdowns, my work continued because I work in early childhood, and frontline workers still needed day care.
    My weekends have been full of housework because it was the only time I had for it. And my crocheting is now, mostly my lunch break activity. I miss scrapping so so much.
    I have missed this community so much. I was checking the forums now and then early in the year, but it started to hurt my heart that I didn't have time for scrapping, so I stopped checking in. That was probably not a good idea, I think I needed to push through that feeling and stay present, because I miss this place so much.

I want to hear what has been happening with all of you!!
    And here's hoping I can manage some scrapping over my Christmas holiday break!

[​IMG]

Karen, LoveItScrapIt, A-M and 4 others like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome back my dear... so glad to see you. Nothing here except scrapping... no traveling due to Corona, but enjoying time at home. Glad you got Full Time permanent work! COngrats!

Chippi likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes, well done on getting full time work.
    And keeping the house running, I can only imagine the lack of time for yourself.
    We are still here, still keeping on.
    Looking forward to the next MOC.

Chippi likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

hello. Bless you. Congrats on the job.
    Life is more of the same here, except for the interruptions of Covid.

Chippi likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh Dear Chippi! you are such a joy to my heart and to hear the update of your life is just wonderful.

Chippi likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome back!! Congrats on the full time position for your job! Thanks for the update...and glad you jumped back in!!

Chippi likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes. You need to scrap soon, or at least share a photo of your kiddos! I haven't seen them in way too long! I bet they are so big now.

I'm sorry you haven't had a lot of time for yourself! That's rough. I moved from Las Vegas to Indiana. Other than that, same old, same old. School for me, school for my family. Not homeschooling, but due to covid closure, Munchkin is still at my kitchen table doing school. He just has a teacher that is not me!

Chippi likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's so good to see your smiling face! Thanks for the update! I can't say things have been the usual for me, because we did a big interstate move late this summer. We've been living in a small lake cottage, waiting for our new home to be built and hope to get in by Christmas.

Thankfully, for those of us who digi scrap, most of our supplies are in our computers, right? Because I can't find much of anything else - we've been living pretty "simply" so that we don't have to do the big unpacking until we move permanently.

I hope to start seeing some of your pages in the gallery again! :tree

bestcee and Chippi like this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

So glad your back! It has been a ‘strange’ year for everyone! But congratulations on a full time job! That is a huge adjustment.

Chippi likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Glad you're back... we've missed you! Congrats on the job!

I've been doing a major remodel - kitchen, laundry, great room and 2 bathrooms since the end of October so I haven't been around as much or scrapping as much as I normally like too. Hopefully this remodel will wrap up soon, so I can get back scrappin everyday. Covid has delayed things and lots of stuff has been back ordered but I'm hanging in there and hoping we can all stay covid-free until it's finished.

Chippi likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Welcome back!!!!!

Chippi likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So glad to see you back!! This year has been a wild ride, hasn't it! Hoping to see some fabulous new layouts from you filling the gallery!

Chippi likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Good to see you back and here's hoping this summer's better than the last one! Congrats on your fulltime job and i hope you get a chrissie break and some scrap time before the next MOC :)

Chippi likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back! I'm glad you're back to checking in. I totally understand the different pulls on your time, especially with a new full time job (Congrats on that!). This is a good time to be coming back too... you can jump back into MOC again in just a few weeks and get a bunch of pages on your list done! :)

I've been knitting and crocheting again recently too... now that it's cold outside again. It's funny how it's a seasonal hobby like that. What kind of things do you crochet? I've been making ponytail hats and neck covers for my walking outside in the colder weather.

Chippi likes this.
  15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Chippi! Welcome back - so excited to see your face here! I hope you can visit and even scrap a little. A little you time with us... :giggle Glad you're doing well, and keeping busy! Life this year was weird. Never stopped going!

Chippi likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome back! Life got crazy for me too this year and I had to step away for awhile. But, we always come back don't we? We all love TLP!
    [​IMG]

Chippi likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! I so hope you will be able to do some scrapping!

18. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome back! Congrats on the new job. We have missed you! :)