So grateful for this place- especially with the current vitriol on social media.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn33199, Jan 22, 2017.

1. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

I love coming to such a positive creative environment. I love seeing the bountiful creative goodness in the gallery and support and cheerleading in the forum. I love learning about the perspectives of others through their words and pages. I am so grateful for the respect shown one another regardless of a difference in opinion.

I'm not a huge poster. Sadly work gets in the way. But, I just had to express my gratitude for this refuge from the nastiness and lack of civility that seems to be everywhere these days.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    bellbird, KittyY, AmaG and 20 others like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I totally agree. With all the stress and pressure of life, it is a welcome respite to come here and relax, hang out, chat and encourage and admire each other's artistry. It's something to cherish, that's for sure!

gonewiththewind and busywoman139 like this.
  3. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Yes!! I took FB off my phone in an effort to on social media less and added a shortcut icon for TLP. Much better use of my time and much better for my mind & attitude.

4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I agree; this place is so welcoming and I love the wonderful vibe I get from this place.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

So totally agree!! I took Facebook off my phone as I was feeling stress with that...

There are too many people that use social media to spread their negativity because they don't have to be face to face and don't consider the consequences of their words spreading out further that the one person that they are directing their comments too. Before you know it some people take those words as facts, instead of what it is someone's opinion that might have no truth to it.
    We are all made different have different opinions if we all just love and accept someone for who they are inside and out how wonderful this world would be!!

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've taken a break from facebook as well....which means more time here in the forums! It's all good.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's timing. Ugh... FB has been unpleasant lately, so I just visit less.

The community is one of my favorite things about TLP. Supportive, understanding, open minded, jovial, and friendly.

9. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Everyone needs a safe, peaceful place to land. And it's nice to know that TLP is one of those places. :)

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I feel the same. I love knowing that even when people are struggling, and sharing what sucks in their life, it's a supportive environment. We have suggestions, or hugs, or prayers, not judgements. I love knowing that good people who care about each other exist. I adore that I can connect with people, and know we are kind.
    I just love it here, and all of you who make it a special place to be! :grouphug

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ditto to what everyone here has said. It's a pleasure coming here! I love it! :heartslub

12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I still go to FB but I don't read comments on non-personal posts anymore. It'll be like a sweet post about a kitten being best friends with a bunny and the comments will somehow inevitably work their way around to pro-trump vs. anti-trump. :blahblahblah:blahblah Ugh.

busywoman139 and gonewiththewind like this.
  13. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

I love it Here! I've had nothing but a positive experience with lots of encouragement and am having loads of fun with the MOC for sure!

busywoman139 and gonewiththewind like this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I stopped posting on FB a year or two ago bc of the negativity ... I hated that so many people used it as a place to be ugly. So can only imagine how crazy it is right now. I only really look if someone tags me and I just started sharing my pages though in the private FB groups ... and really try not to get lured into looking too far outside those groups when I pop in to share and see other's pages.

Sokee, gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I un-followed several people this week on my Facebook friend list. They can still see what I post, but I don't see their posts. I normally skip the cute puppies and kitties posts, but lately I have been wanting them instead.

My friend described her Facebook feed as an emotional whiplash. Pretty much.

Sokee and gonewiththewind like this.
  17. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I totally agree!!! I try to surround myself with the positive, and lately it's alllllll been negative on FB and such. Love the positivity here!

Sokee and gonewiththewind like this.
  18. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I concur with everyone - TLP is such a friendly, caring group of creative souls!! I was active here a few years ago and then just sort of quit being active anywhere - but when I came back here, it was as if I'd never left ... so much love going around!!

This truly is a special place.

Obviously, the members make a difference ... but I think @lmccandless is definitely an inspirational driving force too!!

19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I gave up FB years ago. I do have an account...I should call it Pat's daughters page, as it is her and her friends on my page. lol all 12 friends! tee hee, I don't even have my kids(who call themselves adults) as friends. A mom just doesn't need to know everything.! lol
    I love politics, the way our country legislation, the constitution, the history and totally get the law. But..............not anger and ugly. I don't do ugly, I do beautiful scrap pages and smile!
    remember when politics was this easy and fun:

20. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs