So Excited!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lynning, Jan 5, 2016.

1. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Just opened an email from Make-A-Wish Michigan...

Hubby and I were featured in the Volunteer Spotlight section! Totally not the most flattering photo, but the article was very nicely written. We knew were going to be Spotlighted soon, because they sent us the interview form, we didn't know when it was going to be released.

Trying to figure out how to scrap the article now!! :)

jesskab, jenn mccabe, bestcee and 7 others like this.
  2. LynnG

LynnG Designer

That is exciting, and good on you for volunteering. You definitely have to scrap it!

lynning likes this.
  3. lynning

Any advice on scrapping an email newsletter?? I saved it as a PDF to my computer.

4. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Excellent. Good for you. Both for volunteering and for receiving recognition. A double plus.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love this, and remember your fingernail polish as make a wish blue!! lol

6. lynning

My favorite color of nail polish is sparkly, glittery, Make-A-Wish blue!! Might just have to give myself a manicure for the occasion!

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Copy and paste the words of the letter into your layout, or take a picture of the letter are both options I would consider. :)
    You can open pdf files in PS I think, maybe use is as a photo mat? Or in a stack of papers, or ephemera?

8. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay and congrats on the article! I love when people who do good things get a nice and well deserved pat on the back! :)
    As for scrapping it. Scrapping with Liz has some newsletter type templates that maybe could work.. except I can't find them in her store yet. How about these? Scrap it like a Facebook post?

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

How cool is that! What an honor! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That's so awesome! Way to go to the both of you!

What about making a double layout... an image of the newsletter (like from a PDF form) and then tidbits on the other side.

Like this first template pack... the bottom left template... a picture of the newsletter... and then on the right some pictures, patterns and journaling?
    [​IMG]

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I, too, think you can open PDFs in PS. But if not, another idea is to make a screenshot of the newsletter.

Congratulations!

bestcee likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

congrats Lynn that is just awesome ... i used to work with a lady that was big into the Make a Wish foundation and i always did little pre made Disney albums for her to give to the child (that was always a big wish for so many) back when i was a paper scrapper. i love the templates the girls picked out - i'm SO eager to see your page and hear more about this fantastic story! you are awesome! :heartslub deftly journal if you can and share the details!!!!

14. lynning

I'm trying to figure it out still... the article is on page 4. I'm going to work on this more I might have to save images from the newsletter (the newsletter header, etc.) and then screen shot the article. I will get this figured out.

Thanks for the enabling!! Like I needed anymore reason to go spend more money in the shop! ;) I think I am going to use the previews as inspiration and go from there. My last paycheck (6 hours) and my next paycheck (1.5 hours) aren't exactly going to let me shop much.

15. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Congrats on your "moment of fame", hehe. It's an awesome organization and I'm glad to know you are involved. Totally makes your tagline make sense!

I love the idea of screenshots and cropping. then you can put the images anywhere you want. Can't wait to see.

16. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Aww well done to you both and good luck with the scrap :beat

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@lynning - Congratulations! My husband has been a wish granter for about 7 years now, and was in the local newsletter a few years back. There's been a few times where his partner wasn't able to go to the parties or the send off, so I've tagged along to help and be the official event photographer. It's an incredibly rewarding experience to be a part of that process!!

lynning likes this.
  18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

That is so awesome!

19. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

First, that is awesome - congrats!

Second, I've done a few pages where I've included a web newspaper article - I just screenshotted it and put it in there, you can't really read it but my journaling explains it.

[​IMG]
    (kit is retired by Kristen Aagard, so I hope it's ok to have that here)