So close...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

and yet so far. :giggle

I foolishly bought a personal training certification course when it was on Groupon and I'm trying in earnest to prepare for the test. Man, this is harder than you'd think. All the anatomy and physiology and all - I'm either too dumb or too old to learn.

I've gotten through the book and am working through the study guide, which is only reminding me how poorly I understood the book.

I only have til September to take the test, and I promised myself I'd take it for the first time in July (I get 2 chances).

It will be a miracle if I get through this. And then I look at some of the meatheads who are trainers and I'm like HOW?

2. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it! I bet they got theirs with a coach to help them out, LOL!

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have seen a lot of meatheads too, but you can do it!

4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

LOL! I wish you lived in my neck of the woods, I'd hire you as soon as you ace that thing.

5. Angie4b1g

Seriously. I know some dumb trainers.

I'm sure different certifications are harder, but I highly doubt I picked the hardest one, so what's up with all this? I feel so stupid reading this stuff.

Like this:

Q: Describe how an individual would take a skin fold measurement on the axilla.

A: Vertical fold on the midaxillary line at the level of the xiphoid process.

Oh. Of course. That's what I thought. o_O

I need to take anatomy for my degree. That should be fun considering how THIS is going. LOL. I tried to take it at the same time but of course they didn't have a summer one that worked for me. By fall I'll be OVER.IT.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes! That one question would make me give up on the spot. LOL! I know you can do it though. You can do anything.

7. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

You can totally do it Angie! I've said it before but I wish you were closer...you are so motivating! I would totally hire you!

8. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I'd hire you too. Just to have you to make me laugh with your great wit. Getting in shape would just be secondary.

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Go girl - you can do it! What a great opportunity!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Bet you'll ace it! Not only will it be so satisfying to be certified to help others obtain a healthier body but you'll be able to take care of yourself so well too! You go girl!

11. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I hated anatomy and physiology in college.

Best of luck Angie - just use your xiphoid process and you can't fail :)

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Angie, did you take your first try already?

13. Angie4b1g

No, I'm aiming for the end of the month. Studying an hour or 2 a day. Not sure it's helping. Lol

14. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

good luck, angie! I am of the firm opinion, that we can all do ANYTHING if we just believe it! So go! you'll do it!

15. Angie4b1g

Taking the test in the morning! I get 2 chances, so I'm considering this one my throwaway attempt. I expect I will fail (15 chapters of anatomy/physiology/kinesiology is a lot to learn all at once and then regurgitate) this time, and then will know what I need to focus on in order to take it again next week or so.

Or, maybe by some miracle I will pass, and save myself a couple weeks of studying. LOL

Wish me luck!

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Good luck Angie! I bet you're going to rock it! How long is the test? Is it one of those awful 6 hours deals? Bring the red bull!

17. Angie4b1g

Looking through the materials now, I'm either as ready as I'm going to be, or completely screwed. Could go either way. LOL

I think it's 140 questions? Multiple choice. Lets hope the choices aren't similar. ;)

18. Angie4b1g

I passed.

Now I'm about to pass OUT.

That was quite stressful. Especially when it said I lost my internet connection when I was on #118 of 140. Luckily the proctor guy was able to fix/resume it (obviously I hadn't lost connection as I could still talk to him). I almost stroked out for real.

Whew. SO GLAD THAT IS OVER.

Thanks for your good thoughts!

19. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

ANGIE! you rock! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Wow! Congrats!!! :D