Smashed window

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cinna, Feb 9, 2017.

1. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

This Tuesday when I got to the parking lot to take my car home I found that somebody had smashed the window by the driver´s seat. :angry The whole front seat was covered with shattered glass. Luckily nothing was stolen and nothing else was broken.

Am I mad and frustraded? Oh yes!
    Am I angry for having to pay for a new window? Oh yes.
    Am I gonna scrap about it? You bet I will! :bunny

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh geez! I'm so sorry that happened to you... and what a mess. I did LOL that your thoughts went right to scrapping about it. :) We had that happen many years ago for my hubby's truck while it was parked in our driveway. We live in the tiniest little nothing-ever-happens town and it was just before 8:00 in the morning. We think a kid did it while walking to the high school right around the corner. Thankfully insurance covered ours.

cinna likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh no! I'm sorry. :( This happened to my DH. He was livid. I was annoyed cuz we found pieces of glass even years later--like it was lodged under the front seats and every once in awhile would get shaken loose. Ugh. After we had DD, even though she was strapped into a car seat away from the mess, seeing the (tempered) shards on the floor mat filled me with rage at whatever punk broke the window. Like Karen, ours was covered by insurance, but it was still a pain.
    So get out that frustration with scrapping, for sure!

cinna likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Argh! I am sorry for the added cost and inconvenience you're experiencing.
    I have to smile though, about the scrapping it comment, when my house was flooding I made certain to take photos of that too, even in the midst of cleaning up. No more only perfect Happy Day moments for me.

cinna likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I saw that on Facebook. I'm so sorry that happened to you. What a pain and an inconvenience!

cinna likes this.
  6. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

This happened to us too. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and you really have to wind around to get to us so it was completely random and -- we think too -- probably teens. They threw a huge rock through the back window of our minivan that was parked in the driveway. Broke the window, obviously, but also damaged the seats and the automatic back door opener. Such an infuriating waste.

cinna and Karen like this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Ugh. That's the worst.

When I was in college, I had someone break into my car & steal my parking pass. I was so annoyed that I had to get a new window & a new parking pass. Even though I had the police report with me that stated my pass had been stolen, my dorm still made me pay for a new one. There was only a month left of school, too.

cinna likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

oh no... that's horrible! I'm glad it wasn't worse, nothing got stolen, and you weren't nearby when they got angry! Hugs, Carina!

cinna likes this.
  9. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Oh, no...I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Good for you for already planning to scrap it, though! :)

cinna likes this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh no, that's terrible! But funny that your mind immediately went to scrapping about it!

cinna likes this.
  11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

That totally sucks, but I love that you are going to scrap it! Totally committed to the craft, lol!!

cinna likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh no!! So sorry that happened!! But I do love that you're going to scrap it. :)

cinna likes this.
  13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Darn it anyway, how terrible and totally frustrating. Why is there an element of society that has to perpetrate such nasty actions? I'm glad you are doing scrap therapy.

cinna likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

NO FUN! Glad you're ok and nothing was stolen. My car got broken into when I lived at college and the radio and other stuff were taken. Lots of cars in the parking under our building got hit that night. I was so mad and scared. I felt so violated. It took a long time before I felt safe again.

cinna likes this.
  15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Our babysitter was driving our son to pre-school in our minivan when they were hit by an impaired driver. They were ok but the minivan was totaled. So, we took the meager insurance $ from that and put it toward the purchase of a brand new minivan. We parked the new minivan in our driveway and it was only a couple weeks later that someone threw a rock through the back window (as I mentioned in my earlier post). That month really, really challenged my belief in my fellow humans. I remember thinking "people suck" a lot. :D

16. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thank you all for your replies! Luckily we had insurance but it would have been more fun to something else with that money....*lesigh*

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Sorry that that happened but glad nothing was stolen. Of course, scrap about it :)

18. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I bet it was a real shock when you saw it! :-( I'm sorry it happened!!! Hope you "scrap out" all of your anxiety about it!!

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sorry this happened but glad u can see it as something to scrap about and that insurance covered it. We came home to one of the kid's bedroom windows broken about a year ago (from the outside, probably by a neighbourhood kid throwing a rock thru it (cos we found a rock on her bed and there's a walkway between houses next door), it was hard to see it as 'scrappable' so i admire your positivity!

20. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Oh, no! I am so sorry that happened to you! You have a great attitude about it, though!

One night in college the Resident Advisor woke me at up at 2am by banging on the door to our suite. My car and several others had been broken into. They took a baseball bat to my windshield and completely destroyed it and smashed several other car windows. One poor girl's car hood was really banged up because one of the perpetrators (it was a group) was, to quote the officer, "jumping up and down on it like Donkey Kong."

They actually caught all of the guys and had them all in the back of police cruisers when they brought us down to show us the damage- that was one crazy night! I couldn't drive my car until a service came to install a new windshield, and even then I had to be careful about turning on the AC or heat for a while. Little glass bits randomly blew out of the vents for weeks!

cinna likes this.