SMASH* Journal by K & Company

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ChantalK, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ChantalK

ChantalK ChantalK

Hiya gals!

I just wanted to bring something up that I recently discovered. As some of you may know, I recently started doing some hybrid (just a little) and when I went to the scrap store I discovered the SMASH* journal. I noticed after that Two Peas also sells it and I wanted to see if any of you have one or discovered it and some pics of what you've done with it would be great! I just bought the Eco one (seems they are selling like hot cakes) and I LOVE it! Just started my first page last night :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

looks great! they are so much fun.

i've got one started (sigh) but DD has put so much in her's it's totally fallen apart at the seams! lol. have to tie it up with ribbon or something when she's done.

3. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

Yep, I've got one!! I love it! I'm using it as a journal of sorts, so I've been putting little pieces from daily life. I'll have to take some pictures and show you...

4. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Ooh yes!! I have several. I'll take some photos this week..been meaning to for ages, as it is, to share! I've got one that's quote-y and one that's snippets of everyday (conversations and such).

5. ChantalK

ChantalK ChantalK

I cannot wait to see. I spent some time going through Pinterest and I've seen some really nice stuff so of course I just had to blog about it...I'm totally hooked! You could probably just go to a paper supply store and buy a similar less expensive version of this idea but to me it wouldn't be the same because it's actually the inside that got me in! I'm not really planning on covering the whole surface either...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. cnscrap

cnscrap Humphity Humph Humph

I'd love to see photos too from the girls who have one!!! It's on my Christmas wish list :)

7. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

I'd love to have one of those but I cant find here where I live. I guess there's no shop selling this in Brazil yet. Do u guys know where I can buy online? And if they ship abroad?? Pleeeeease! :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  8. mishou

mishou mishou

I have 4 of these sitting on my craft desk . . . untouched!

I loved the idea when I discovered them. Blank journal pages are so intimidating! I thought having a design on the paper would help get me started . . . but the pages are so pretty now my problem is I don't want to ruin them lol! Maybe this thread will be the kick in the pants I need to get started!

Valeria - I believe www.scrapbook.com ships to Brazil. And it looks like they have some Smash books in stock right now. Also Two Peas was carrying them. And I think you can even buy them directly from the K & Company website.

9. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I have one that I haven't touched yet *sigh* I love the concept! I need to get off my arse and do something with it! Your's looks great Chantal!

10. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Pics!!!! I need inspiration!!! Please :pray

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i have one. i've only done a bit. so far it's just got totally random stuff in it. which bugs me a bit. im thinking i'll use this one for like an idea/inspiration journal. sort of like pinterest but not online. :giggle dunno.

12. Rubia Padilha

Rubia Padilha super smiler

13. Rubia Padilha

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

ack! rubia! no fair posting a link to pinterest when i'm "just sittind down for a SECOND." there goes the rest of my afternoon :giggle

15. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

You know I gotta be honest, I've never paper scrapped and I rarely ever digiscrap BUT I saw this a while back on facebook and have been DYING to try it, it looks a little intimidating tho not sure If I could pull one off, LOVE the way people just cover the pages with layers of stuff it's awesome, would love to see more pics of people's journals to get some idea's on what to do lol Also what producs I need to go with the journal, like do I use tape or glue dots (if that's what they are called lol) Never mind just saw the pen thing with the glue on the end Very cool!... *sigh* I feel like such a beginner LOL!
    * hey brynn you need to pin a bunch of those, I would be soooo over them like white on rice!*

16. Rubia Padilha

hahahah ooops! hahaha
    I know!! I could spend all day seeing things on there!

17. Micheline Martin

YEY!! I'm so re-pinning a bunch of stuff on there thank you!!!!!!!

18. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Just go for it Mich!! Don't be afraid, it doesn't have to be perfect; just get started and see where it leads you! You can print and cut out some of your awesome designs and glue them in too! :beat

19. Micheline Martin

I'm actually thinking of doing 2 different type of books, 1 "design" books where I can put my inspiration snips from magazines with fabric I like with the kit idea's, the other would be more of a day to day scrappy one :) I'm actually really excited to order it on pay day! I'm thinking of picking up the red one and black one for me and the pink one for my very artistic dd.

20. Micheline Martin

after rambling on an on about how to make it, i totally forgot to tell you how awesome your book is looking!!!!