*closed*Slow Scrap -Sun 8 May 9pm EDT/ 6pm PDT | iNSD 2022

Discussion in 'iNSD 2022 Party Pad!' started by bellbird, May 8, 2022.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome & Happy iNSD!
    Capture-slowMeiNSD.JPG

To join us in the chatroom, you can click on the CHAT in the above menu bar! It's up in the aqua bar between tutorials and newsletter.

Slow scrap steps to come...

I've been writing a blog series for the TLP blog called Mixed Media Beginners (there's a new post out later/ tomorrow for some of you) and with the M3 kits being finished up and put on sale for 50% off this weekend, I have a mixed media slow scrap recipe for today.

I always like options so you can be a cleaner scrapper or go crazy with the mixed media so don't worry too much but let's get started.

1. Choose from Multi-photo (2 or 3 photos ) OR photoless (you will use 1 or 2 journal cards instead of a photo) - place this/these around the middle of the page. Add any kind of background paper behind your photos or journal card (it can be patterned or solid or solid-ish)

2. Choose from white gesso OR colourful paint (or both) - add this to your background paper so that it peeks out around your photos or journal card. It can be just a little bit visible and peek out or it can be a huge feature of page and flow out across the background.

If you don't have any, there's a few freebies that might work for you:
    From Paula - gesso https://the-lilypad.com/store/Gesso-Freebie.html
    From Just Jaimee : https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/a-little-freebie.83275/

3. Choose from doodles OR stamps (or both) - these can be elements or a title; you can use pre-made doodles or stamps or have a go at doodling yourself in your program or add a stamped 'look' to something with a stamped layer style or by erasing part of what overlaps paper layers

4. Choose from labels OR tags (or both) - Use 2 or more of them. They can be layered together or placed in different spots on the page. Journalling is optional, your journalling can be anywhere you like, it does not have to be on the labels or tags. (Edited to add: It can also be an ephemera kind of label like you might find on an old package or a ticket for a ride etc)

5. Choose from stitching OR washi tape - attach at least 1 of your photos or journal cards to the page

6. Add anything else you want to your page, including shadows, save respecting gallery size guidelines and upload to the TLP gallery and put a link to your page in this thread please so i know who participated and can send you your prize code!

______________​
    Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    DEADLINE Is 11AM EDT on Tuesday
    Every one that participates following the instructions will get a coupon!!

If you scroll down - my sample page is in post 4 of this thread
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...9pm-edt-6pm-pdt-insd-2022.83288/#post-1444592

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  2. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Hope the chat is awesome!
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Here's my sample page using M3 October 2018 and M3 July 2018, extra credits in gallery
    [​IMG]
    Mixed Media Monthly: Creative Soul

[​IMG]
    Mixed Media Monthly: Journal / Introspective / Muse

;
    I went with a patterned background (it has the doily and water droplets on it), coloured watercolour paint, doodles (the girl and scribbly bits) & added a Mommyish stamped scratchy style to the doodley inspiration wordart, both a label & a tag, and 2 washi pieces
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

6. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Here is mine. I took liberty with the "Add anything else you want to your page..." ;)
    [​IMG]
    1. 2 journal cards used ... background paper had a few sketches and ink splatters on it already
    2. I used 3 colorful paints from the M3 kit and 2 of Paula's gesso freebie
    3. Doodles and stamps were the wordart ("Let's Go" and "It's always summer..."), compass stamp, and a Rachel Jefferies stamp on top of the paint
    4. 4 luggage labels/tags stitched the the page at the top
    5. I used washi tape on the bottom of the butterfly journal card
    6. As stated above, I took liberty with the "Add anything else..." to finish up my page
    Thanks for the fun Challenge!

bellbird likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  9. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. So sorry I couldn't attend the chat. In addition to yesterday being Mother's Day, the family got together for a birthday party for my MIL who is turning 95 years old today. We were there for 7 hours, drove back home and collapsed. I was in bed by 9. But I woke up at 4 a.m. and came up with this:

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  11. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Such beautiful pages everyone!!

bellbird likes this.
  12. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

13. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

14. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Sorry again for missing your chat Justine. I used my Pick Your Prize winnings to scrap this one!
    [​IMG]
    1. Choose from Multi-photo (2 or 3 photos) OR photoless (you will use 1 or 2 journal cards instead of a photo) - place this/these around the middle of the page. Add any kind of background paper behind your photos or journal card (it can be patterned or solid or solid-ish)
    2. Choose from white gesso OR colourful paint (or both) - add this to your background paper so that it peeks out around your photos or journal card. It can be just a little bit visible and peek out or it can be a huge feature of page and flow out across the background.
    3. Choose from doodles OR stamps (or both)
    4. Choose from labels OR tags (or both) - Use 2
    or more of them. They can be layered together or placed in different spots on the page. Journalling is optional, your journalling can be anywhere you like, it does not have to be on the labels or tags. (Edited to add: It can also be an ephemera kind of label like you might find on an old package or a ticket for a ride etc)
    5. Choose from stitching OR washi tape - attach at least 1 of your photos or journal cards to the page
    6. Add anything else you want to your page

bellbird likes this.
  16. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I think I covered all the bases... Granddaughter just sent these photo s and I figured perfect!!!!!

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lots of cool and unique takes on the steps - love seeing all the different interpretations and combos!
    i've commented to here - there's still time to scrap with the deadline being 11am EDT Tues :)

18. Janelle12

Janelle12 Well-Known Member

Here is mine! 80's-Girl.jpg

bellbird likes this.
  19. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

20. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I had fun with these instructions! Thanks.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.