Slow Scrap (blending technique) 6-28-18

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

@Karen , I am so thankful for the technical training you have provided. I really love the blending papers lessons you gave, and have been re-visiting this thread to practice and learn. I really want to master the 'not letting your fonts float' lesson, but I use PSE18, and when I click on my fx button, I do not get a 'blending' option, only the very basic drop shadows/bevel/stroke options are available. Is there another work around to achieve the effect with my text? One of the hardest things to understand with Photoshop is that there are many roads to the same outcome, and that confused me greatly at first, but it is also a boon to creating the way that suites each individual. I'm hoping there is another way to keep my fonts on the paper. Thanks so much!

cfile and bellbird like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Carol K., cfile and bellbird like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Carol- please see the post Karen linked where I have the style posted for you to download. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/friends-dont-let-friends-fonts-float.26663/page-2#post-397611 You shoud be able to download the style and it will work perfectly :) I created it in PS CC for use in PSE. I alo have PSE and it works the same as it does in PS so you should be good. Please let me know if you need any help with it. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. cfile

Karen likes this.
  5. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

Dear Friends, @cfile & @Karen, I'm so thankful! Words cannot say how much I appreciate your help! I was in bed taking a last look on the web on my phone when I saw your post. I jumped out of bed whooping it up all the way downstairs to my PC...my dog already knows I'm nuts...
    No Float Font ! Yay!.jpg
    Using Dawn Inskip's M3 April 17 Journal Card and Hey Alice Sans font

Karen, bellbird and cfile like this.
  6. cfile

@Carol K. I am thrilled for you Carol!! I use this for more than just the fonts too. I use it on papers and elements too :) Have fun and enjoy!!! [just so you know another awesome style for PSE that is a must is Leah's - Mommyish' shadow styles with the shadow seperator .. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/separate-the-shadow-in-pse.52491/ this is the thread.. it explains it too :) It also has the link to the product in the store. For PSE users this is a must have :) as it makes life so much easier!!]

Carol K. and bellbird like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay! I'm so happy that it worked for you @Carol K. I love it!

Carol K. and cfile like this.