slideshows

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 8, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've been assigned to make a slideshow with music of old photos to play at my son's wedding reception. The reception is in 2 weeks... yikes! I'm wondering if anyone here has made a slideshow before and if so, what software did you use? I'll need to burn the slideshow to a DVD so it'll play at the reception center. I may be able to use an USB drive, but they said they've have more luck with the DVD player. Of course, they don't have any suggestions on how to make one and our photographer doesn't do the video/slideshows either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Do you use Windows or Mac? Windows has a built in VERY easy program for this- right in your photo folder. Drag, drop and play!

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I have windows 10 and I also have an ipad and iphone.

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I used the Window's media program. It was very easy to use - even I could figure it out! You put in your slides, figure out how long between photos (I'd recommend no less than 5 seconds because it goes by faster than you think!) and add whatever music. You tell it when you want the music to start and end, it can even start/end after/before the slides to if you need it. Here's what I did for my mom's memorial service, but I'm sure you can get a bit fancier if you want.

https://youtu.be/tZjLGEa5kuk

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

For school, I used Google Slides and a screen capture program (iSpring Free). It creates a file you could burn to DVD.

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I use ProPresenter at work. It's great. I don't know if there's a free version or not, though.

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Windows Movie Maker is pretty easy to use. Although I wouldn't know how to get it on a DVD. I just put them on USB drives.

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You can make a slideshow with Photoshop CC. Just google it and you'll find written as well as video tutorials. :)

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have had to do two years of 8th grade graduation slide shows and used the app on my iPad called Videoshop. It's super easy to use and add music, but I dont' know if there's a way to burn to DVD from your iPad. I just put mine on a thumb drive. You could probably test it ahead of time with a quick thrown together video first before doing your whole slide show.