Sizing Help Please

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Tahnaykay, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Tahnaykay

Tahnaykay New Member

:helpy I have just completed the September template challenge and I am confused as to which size is appropriate for posting. I have the resize for web Photoshop action from Paislee Press installed and the options I see are 12x12, 8.5x11 landscape and 8.5x11 portrait. Or do I just save it and upload it bypassing the action. Also with finished projects which site do you prefer for saving them them to Flickr or Photobucket. Thank you kindly to all in advance for you response.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

it depends on the original size of your page. if it is square do the 12x12, if it is a normal letter size, you can use the others. It will bring up a working box...and you can have the quality under 200, it helps be able to have it load easily to the gallery.
    This jpg you are saving is NO way good for printing, just for gallery, and works good for facebook (if you have it). I save mine all in a separate folder.
    You don't need to use photobucket at all, just upload this save for web size to the gallery, and put in the template challenge section. Please let us know what product you used, so we can ooh and aw too!
    Welcome to the Lily Pad, and I'll be here for a bit if you run into problems!

3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

If you use PS or PSE, here is a tutorial on the blog on sharpening for web, but the 1st part shows how I save for web :)

https://the-lilypad.com/quick-tip-sharpen-web/

Basically, I just resize my original photo with the biggest dimension being 600 pixels (if it's square, it will be 600x600), then play with the size until < 250 kb (or 200 per Anne).

We can't wait to see your page!

4. AnneofAlamo

jen!! I am frantically trying to find that! you rock!

5. AnneofAlamo

SAVING THE LAYOUT
    To save the layout, I recommend ALWAYS saving two versions – one as a psd file (with the layers) so that you can go back and modify the layout and a flattened jpg version (low resolution for web viewing and/or high resolution for printing).

Saving the layout as an editable psd file
    FILE > SAVE

Saving the layout for web viewing
    1. IMAGE > DUPLICATE
    2. LAYER > FLATTEN IMAGE
    3. IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE
    4. A new window will pop up. Change the values so that your resolution is 72 dpi and your width is 600 (or 500).
    [​IMG]
    FILTER > SHARPEN > SMART SHARPEN > click ok.
    FILE > SAVE FOR WEB.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014