Simple Template Designers

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 26, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

As much as I love Cheryl’s @gonewiththewind templates, her more filled style isn’t my fave.....yes, even her Dressed Down can sometimes be too filled for me soooo my question is what other template designers do super clean & simple? Thinking similar to the clean & simple MOC challenge or a tiny bit busier.

2. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

BevG, Angela Toucan and littlekiwi like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Angela Toucan, A-M and littlekiwi like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@littlekiwi Also re Cheryl's Dressed Down templates, I often shut off layers and then add back in so you can make them as clean and simple as you like. .. that is with anyone's templates too.

Angela Toucan, bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm a big fan of Scrapping With Liz's templates. They do not have an overabundance of elements for the most part and many are photo heavy (which is how I scrap). She also has templates that are more white space as well for those that scrap that way and she is getting into the art journaling templates as well.

That being said, I do like @cfile with Cheryl's templates. Turn off layers or just use the elements as a guide. I did learn how to cluster from her templates and I can now do that on Liz's templates if I want. Liz is my go to template designer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Liz is a big part of my scrapping journey since I found her freebie templates on a blog way back when and I've followed her to every store she has been at in her career.

Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Have you checked @NBK-Design 's Easy Peasy series? I can't add links right now, but will do later. :)

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here is the link for the NBK-Design templates:
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/NBK-Design/?catid=4
    I particularly like her new Clean Weekly and Artsy Weekly templates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (You can select monthly packs from the drop down menu at the bottom of the product page)

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You may want to just look through the template section of the store and see what type jump out at you. Depending on your personal style, every template maker has something clean and simple, along with full.
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Digital-Templates/

Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi Glad you still love me and my templates anyway. :bk

I know my style isn't for everyone. I'll see what I can do to make the Dressed Down even more minimal. :carryon

11. littlekiwi

Honestly you don’t need to change....I was just wanting to see if I was missing some of the more simple template designers around here

gonewiththewind likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

Thanks all, it seems I knew about most of them but there were a couple I didn’t know did more simple templates.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I just don't know if you can do that Cheryl. You love clustering too much! Your templates are my go to when I do want to do a lot of clustering on a layout so don't stop making them with clusters... even minimal ones :)

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

:compcoffee

bestcee likes this.
  15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

wow, ladies you are great at giving tons of options!

16. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I love @Rachel Jefferies templates for a small and simple design, @NBK-Design has great options for artsy and blending, and @gonewiththewind I tend to go with the dressed-down version and just move things around or delete layers. @LynnG templates are awesome and I have an album presently on the go using her templates.
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of the designers mentioned, I look at a template as a starting point and then change it to suit how I want or my style on that particular day.
    For example, I used one of @LynnG templates for this layout, but removed most of it to fit what I wanted.

gonewiththewind likes this.