Silly National Days |Pad Patter 6.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 4, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Sometimes, I like to see what the national day is for the day. It cracks me up to see how many things have a day. But it's especially funny when I see certain combinations.

Today: cheese, cognac, and old maids.
    I can picture my mother in law on her porch with her neighbors eating cheese and drinking. Not 'old maids' but women of a certain age enjoying life.

Do cheese and cognac go together? (Help a non drinker out!)
    Also, old maids?!?!? What about men? Is there an male equivalent for maid? Bachelor doesn't seem to have the same connotation. Humph.

What about you? Do you hear about a national day and think really? That has a day?!?

norton94 likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh, that's a good one. I love cheese, but not cognac. Not sure where I could slot the Old Maids in. :wine

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's also HUG YOUR CAT DAY! Can't forget that one! LOL I actually have a pack of stickers for my planner that has a lot of the holidays, even the ones I think are silly, and I love when I see them in my planner.

Especially right now, I think it's wonderful to have something good and happy to focus on, even if it's just for a day. So I'm embracing cheese and old maids and cognac . . . I will ingest cheese, play Old Maid (LOL) and I'll let someone else enjoy the cognac as we don't have any here. :) And I absolutely have and will continue to squishy my cat today.

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I do not take notice of those days as they are not really mentioned here in Australia.
    @gonewiththewind If its "Hug Your cat Day" my husband would enjoy that but would take it a little further... "strangle the neighbours cat" . We have a cat from down the road visiting our yard lately and with us being cat haters ( my husband more so than me), Ken is threatening to get a cat trap! Cats eat birds and we love the native birds that visit our yard.

5. gonewiththewind

Um, I really hope you are joking, @A-M ! :faint2

6. gonewiththewind

Um, I really hope you are joking, @A-M ! :faint2

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Our librarian at school had this silly national days calendar on the check out table and I loved them all.

8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Today is National Donut Day! I think I need to support this!

Memaw2Wm and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. gonewiththewind

I'm with you on this one! LOL

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We totally got behind National Doughnut day! ;) After our hour hike- kids & I got treats at Hello Sugar! The drivethru line was wrapped completely around the parking lot & the take out line (while short) had an 35 min wait for orders to be completed! It was worth it tho! SO yummy! I think I could totally do some moonshine today too! ;) ;)
    national day.JPG

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I saw that today was national donut day. We had donuts from the local donut shop on Tuesday...so I didn't think we should have donuts again! If I would have known, we might have waited. They had a better selection today (they posted a pic on their facebook).

12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I googled it.

There isn't one. Men stay bachelors or “confirmed bachelors” when they decide to be single for a long time. Women on the other hand, are graded like cattle and called “old” and “maid” as a woman's worth was only based on her ability to find a husband when the term was coined. Jul 1, 2018

of course!

Love ❤️ cheese but I’ve never had cognac. I’ve got the old covered but not a maid.

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Many times!

I have been amused by reading or hearing about some of these special days but rarely do anything about them (once or twice I've taken advantage of free donut offers). I mostly only hear about them here at TLP or on Facebook occasionally. I'm not even big on big holidays, let alone days to celebrate cheese. Not meaning to yuck on anyone's yum though! Celebrate away if you want! :cheer I'm happy with my routines and ordinary pleasures. Now that I'm thinking more about this, I do pay attention to personal holidays. Like July 3 is the day my husband I met and October 22 was when he proposed. But I just note them; we don't usually celebrate them. I have made scrapbook pages on birthdays and anniversaries though.

Hey, there's an idea! If I wanted to scrap everyday I could use those national special days as inspiration. Scrap about my favorite donut. The cats I had when growing up. Etc.

14. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

There are always crazy ones! I checked today's and I'm cracking up at "NATIONAL APPLESAUCE CAKE DAY" :giggle

15. gonewiththewind

This is a great idea for all-about-me layouts/albums!

meganmecrazy and michelepixels like this.